TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

I've promised myself that I'd re-watch Fringe all at once. I really liked the show, but I admit I got lost a bunch of times along the way with the season breaks etc. I think it would make a lot more sense if watched all at once. I remember frequenting the IMDb boards, etc. and people would remember important clues from seasons before that I'd forgotten.

Also, make sure to keep an eye out for Meghan Markle, soon to be the Duchess of Clarence or some such thing. She had an arc for 2-3 episodes as an FBI agent.

lelisa13p, wozofoz, Mi An and 2 others like this.
  2. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

The Crown recasting all of its key roles for its third and fourth seasons to reflect a jump forward in narrative time

Claire Foy who played Queen Elizabeth will be replaced by Olivia Colman (Broadchurch and so much more)

Vanessa Kirby who played Princess Margaret will probably be replaced by Helena Bonham Carter (Just about everything)

Oh Matt, don't sell yourself short mate :vbsmile:

All the best, woz of oz

3. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

:thumbsup: Striking Out Set in Ireland, it's back for a 6 episode second season and I am so pleased. Season one was only 4 episodes and that was such a tease leaving me yearning for more. Great characters and a well managed mix of emotions
    Hollywood Reporter review
    In the USA Striking Out is available on Acorn

Love Sick also returns and I must do some explaining before you rush to click on the links supplied.
    I saw this advertised during season one but didn't bother to have a look because of the horrid name it had then (look away now) Scrotal Recall which evokes the question "who thought this was clever?" Plus the premise is that the lead character has chlamydia and must inform his ex-partners. But, the structure of the show is so well done, we see the lead characters in the present then when he contacts an ex we go back in time and see the lead characters as they were when he met her, at the end we are back in the present as they reminisce and react to that trip down memory lane. Beautifully done :newpalm:
    The Guardian review
    In the USA Love Sick is available on Netflix

All the best, woz of oz

4. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

The Good Place season 2 has ended but season 3 has been ordered. This has become my favorite comedy. Great characters, I always get a good laugh and the sets are mostly bright and offbeat, adding to the fun :thumbsup:

All the best, woz of oz

5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

Grabbed the 1st 8 episodes from Season 1 via Droid TV…
    "oh, did I have a purse? No, of course not, I'm dead"

liking it so far -- thanks woz!

6. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Completely missed this when young sheldon first aired, but the dad was also cast in TBBT as Leonard's school bully, which makes Sheldon standing up to him all the more interesting.

7. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/john-mahoney-dead-frasier-actor-was-77-1081939

I really only saw him in Frasier and a brief appearance (not as Frasier's dad) on Cheers, but Fraiser was one of my favorite sitcoms. Lots of shows with some out there premise will either have a relateable character or a new character that kind of stands in for the viewer. It gives the show makers someone to explain stuff to so explanations are less monologuey or strained. Martin was the every man on Fraiser, the non-fussy, non-opera going, non-psychic we could laugh with at the other characters, and who they could explain the difference between burnt sienna and umber to.

Mahoney was pretty good in that role, not just mocking, but throwing in a little grounded and caring advice from time to time to cap off some bit or another. Mostly though, I remember Martin and Eddie. He regularly favored Eddie over his boys while they stared on bemused and amused. Reminds me a lot of my dad and always makes me smile. Sitcoms need more Martin and Eddies and less Sam and Dianes.

8. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Good catch on the bully clip. I didn't recall that.

John Mahoney was also a really talented stage actor, who came out of the same group that Laurie Metcalf (Sheldon's mother on BBT and the mother of the actress who plays Sheldon's mother on YS) came out of in Chicago (Steppenwolf Theater).

He's also had smallish but important roles in some good movies. Surprisingly, he sometimes played a villain.

9. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I've been watching this too on your recommendation, Woz, and I too am enjoying it. It actually reminds me of Eureka (isolated town of screwy but loveable characters with a major disaster each episode that gets wrapped up in no time). Great pick! Thanks for the heads up. :newpalm:

10. wozofoz

wozofoz Time Traveller

Love the banter :thumbsup:
    Season 2 is off to a good start :newpalm:

All the best, woz of oz

Hook, lelisa13p and jigwashere like this.