TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

The netflix disney deal has really helped me keep up with marvel and star wars lately. I dread when that comes to an end. I just watched GOTG about a week ago. Oh, how I laughed at toddler Groot! Genius bits.

Love Fringe so much, even kinda remember enjoying that noir musical episode, but forgive my tired brain, I don't get the me writing that episode joke :vboops: M.I.S.S. Might be a good excuse to go watch it again though.

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Sorry. It just made me think of you, I guess the comedy and musical numbers amidst a serious show (it was a release of tension for the whole Walter and Peter Bishop thing that had just boiled over). Has nothing to do with M.I.S.S., just Hook's weird associations. :vbwink:

3. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I watched GOTG2 on Netflix last night. Very funny. I got the soundtrack for the first of free from Google Play when it came out. I might have to buy this one.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I've fallen off of Google's preferred customer list, I don't get pennies for surveys anymore, and don't see much in the way of free music/video that interests me…:vbfrown:

wozofoz likes this.
  5. jigwashere

wozofoz and RickAgresta like this.
  6. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

Been watching Mom (CBS sitcom) in syndication. Skipped it originally. Laugh track/audience, looked like 2 and 1/2 men which I thought was more sad than funny, but man it is cracking me up. It's clever, particularly in dialogue, it's charming with mostly great chemistry, and it's got a dynamism behind the scenes so when the chemistry falters, they rearrange secondary cast smoothly to get it working. Quite a treat to discover a new/old comedy that really tickles me.

I'm flattered, I just thought I was missing some kinda specific reference, or worse that you had somehow discovered my super secret experiments on frankensingers. :vbeek: Thank goodness that's still under wraps. I do love absurdity blended with weight, of course, I just didn't realize anyone associated that with me. Cheers :newpalm:

Did you enjoy Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog? Not exactly the same, but one of the nicest things netflix ever intro'd me to. Their recommendations system has gotten rusty over the years, IMO, but once upon a time when recommendations were a bigger focus for them than content creation, they recommended Dr. Horrible and Pushing Daisies, two of my favorite things that I couldn't believe I didn't already know about. Very charming stuff.

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

The only time that I saw Dr. Horrible offered on regular (not PPV) television, I grabbed it with a DVR. You can see that it's been resting there comfortably for a little more than 5 years. :thumbsup: Everyone in it looks so young. :vbsmile:

That episode of Eureka is the Christmas episode Do You See What I See that was made in a variety of different animation styles. It's fabulous! :vbcool:

The Bones episode is the pilot of The Finder series, a spin-off which only aired for a single season due to studio politics. It featured, among others, the wonderful Michael Clarke Duncan, who passed away suddenly in Oct 2012, ending any chance of the show being brought to a cable network for another season back when it could've been a real possibility.

Doctor Horrible's Sing Blog-DVR Screen 2012-10-09.jpg

8. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I'll give that Eureka! episode a watch tomorrow, sounds fun :newpalm:
    thanks!

wozofoz, jigwashere and lelisa13p like this.
  9. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

You'll enjoy it. :newpalm: All of the animation styles are rendered beautifully and you'll be delighted at each switch. :thumbsup:

I'm going to watch it again tomorrow afternoon. I forgot about it this year. :vbsmile:

wozofoz, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  10. jigwashere

wozofoz, Hook, Mi An and 2 others like this.