TV Shows ** Possible SPOILERS **

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wozofoz, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I mentioned Coby Bell in my discussion of the first episode. :vbwink:

Oops! Wrong. No I didn't. I thought I had, but I think am instead remembering an email to you. :vbgrin: :vbrolleyes:

scjjtt, wozofoz, lelisa13p and 2 others like this.
  2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Wait, what? You guys email each other? :vbeek:

:vbgrin:

scjjtt, RickAgresta, wozofoz and 2 others like this.
  3. wozofoz

wozofoz Ab Fab Tab

Don't hold your breath for Bruce Campbell he's busy slicing and dicing demons in the very popular Ash vs Evil Dead :thumbsup: and Jeffery Donovan got good reviews for Shut Eye which I liked and will return for season 2 :thumbsup:

I like The Gifted good characters and they are telling it as real life drama rather than some shiny futuristic scifi story :newpalm:
    There are minor similarities to Heroes but not enough to call it a ripoff. The husband and wife situation reminds me a bit of Colony which I also like and is returning for season 3, but all in all that's a different show as well :vbwink:

All the best, woz of oz

4. wozofoz

wozofoz Ab Fab Tab

Finally got to see Ghost Wars and I am impressed. I shouldn't be surprised though as it's another Simon Barry creation, he brought us the wonderful Continuum and recently Van Helsing, I know a lot of people don't like Van Helsing but it's that dark and bloody vampire style that I like and will keep me fed now that The Strain has ended. Season 2 has just started :thumbsup:

Star Trek Discovery has been removed from my watchlist. It was devoting half the episode to the Klingons and I simply can't stand the way they talk, they sound like they just came from the dentist and are about to dribble <cold shiver> plus I got the impression we were going to see some Klingon love <ewwww> and there would be no un-seeing that. Meanwhile on the star ship the captain keeps walking from his chair to the screen to show how tense the situation is (fire the director), anyone close to Michael will die, Saru is trying hard not to be mistaken for Jar Jar Binks and everybody is on mushrooms. Yawn.

The Blacklist is gone as well, I made a comment about it before and now they have reintroduced those two new characters who I just can't watch. Where is it going, what is the point :vbconfused: Why should I care

All the best, woz of oz

scjjtt, Mi An, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  5. Hook

Desperate to keep feeding the Space Opera Jones, I've now started in on Killjoys. I seem to be doing this in reverse order: Firefly > Dark Matter > Killjoys but it still is fun. And hey, it at least has been renewed for a final 2 seasons, though I'm not sure why Killjoys and not Dark Matter. Maybe production costs.:vbrolleyes:

6. lelisa13p

I have a folder on my DVR that contains this past season's 10 episodes of Killjoys, which I was unable to watch consistently during the Summer. I wanted to watch the season in order because one episode leads to the next, chapter-style, so I saved them for later. Some of the cleverest writing on TV is contained within. I'll have to hunker down one weekend (2-3 days) when there's nothing else going on and binge those 10 hours. :thumbsup: I'll get back a lot of storage space, too, which I'll feel obliged to fill with Fall TV. :vbsmile:

The past season of Dark Matter was a little convoluted for the last several episodes, what with duplicate characters, alternate timelines, etc. Sometimes I don't want to have to work to watch. By Friday nite, the noggin is tired. :vbwink:

7. Hook

True, and the complicated storylines, including dangling threads, may have helped doom the show. However, sometimes there were real flashes of brilliance where they would plant something and then 10 episodes later do something really cool with it. My favorite example is when they are near the end of the Ryo saga and the crew of the Raza are visiting via transport (simulated bodies) and Ryo tells Three (as Boone) about how he contributed to Sarah's death by his own greed. He finally sends the others back to the Raza and let himself be killed (the simulant) so that when he was revived at the other end he wouldn't remember. Yeah, I know, even trying to describe it is too complicated :vbrolleyes:, but it was very moving.

8. lelisa13p

I remember that and I agree. DM has definitely had its moments and I think that I enjoyed the characters interactions with each other probably most of all. I will miss it. I managed to shoehorn this past season's DM viewing in between Friday nite PBS series that air earlier in the evening (Death in Paradise, New Tricks, The Coroner.) I love Death in Paradise! :vbcool:

Mi An, Hook, RickAgresta and 2 others like this.
  9. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I'm now in the habit of recording any new sitcom, even the ones that look horrific. I watched a few minutes of dr. ken, that show last year from the guy who played joey on friends, one horrible show called guys with kids, which, were it not for the laugh track might have been impossible to categorize as a comedy, all in the name of occasionally finding a gem. It's worked for me. I don't think I ever would have watched Galavant were this not my SOP, and that was wonderful. I've found several others I had doubts about that are now in my regular rotation. Such was what I had in mind when I chose to record Kevin (Probably) Saves the World. Turns out, it's not a sitcom, but I wasn't paying much attention and the title kinda sounded like one.

It's... surprising. Worth heading to abc's website to try it from the pilot on IMHO if you missed the premiere. I don't know how well it will age, but I hope it sticks around. I can't think of anything on TV that quite feels like this, and the last thing I can think of with this kind of substantial charm was Pushing Daisies, also ABC even though I really don't watch much ABC. Anyone else see it?

10. lelisa13p

I was a big fan of Pushing Daisies. :newpalm: The cast was outstanding and the premise was quite original. It was also a visual delight, a feast for the eyes, from costuming to sets, all just wonderful!

Lee Pace just finished up four seasons of the excellent Halt and Catch Fire this weekend, another series that I will miss.