Tungsten? T5 Update v1.1

Discussion in 'Tungsten T series' started by greycow, Jun 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AKAJohnDoe

AKAJohnDoe Mobile Deity

You are correct.

There is very little point in backing up ROM as it is Read Only Memory and is therefore non-volatile.

An obscure exception: If one changes ROM with something like Jacksprat/JackFlash, it is advisable to have a backup!

Backup programs are generally for RAM, which is intended to be modified by the user.

2. T5 Macbeth

T5 Macbeth Come, let me clutch thee.

I have downloaded the update and read the instructions on loading it. One thing though, the instructions say that I need Hotsync Manager 6.0.1. I have Hotsync Manager 5.0P. After searching around on the PalmOne website, I am still unable to find the newest Hotsync Mgr to download. What am I missing?

Can someone please tell me where to find this verson (6.0.1)? Or, is it installed when I install the new update (although that doesn't seem to make much sense).

Thanks for the help,

AV

3. T5 Macbeth

T5 Macbeth Come, let me clutch thee.

Nevermind.

AV

4. brush

brush Psychologist

When performing the check to see if you need the update (I know I do) i get Sat 10/16/2004 2:45Pm. Did my T5 even have the previous Rom update or am I two behind? I boght my T5 in April 05

5. Theophilos

Theophilos Mobile Consultant

Brush,
    From memory, that date indicates you have the first update.
    Even if you didn't have it, I believe the latest update includes the Nov 2004 update.

BTW
    Can anyone think of why I shouldn't try the update off the American website if I am in Australia and the update is not on the Australian site?

6. dhyamato

dhyamato Centro Newbie...

Man, I learned the hard way that whenever there's a ROM update, one should make sure that whatever unit you have should have enough juice in it.

I attempted to update my T5 to 1.1 at work using my laptop this morning. Like an enthusiastic toddler on-a-wing-and-a-prayer, I attempted to install 1.1 using what remaining power was left (~3.90v). I ignored the warnings and during the install I received a message on the T5 screen to plug it in. It would not proceed any further. I was pretty screwed since I left my charger at home and for some reason, it froze the screen, too.

After returning home and sticking it in the charger, I did a hard reset and started over. I restored from backup and it's working great! The final tune-up is to install Graffitti 1 and it'll be good to go.

From what I've see so far, it does work a tadbit faster and hasn't crashed, yet, yea!

Thank you pa1mOne for the update. It was better late than never...

UPDATE:
    Graffiti 1 is now installed and all seems well. No resets, either!! Woohoo!!!

7. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Well, FWIW, the requirements DO state very clearly you should start fully charged ... fourth bullet ...

8. ackmondual

ackmondual Mobile Deity

Wait, so there IS a G1 option for t5 users?

9. brush

brush Psychologist

Dear ackmondual,

Yes, G1 works great on my T5. I would like to see a confirmation from someone who has done the ROM update that G1 will reinstall. Do a search for G1 in this forum and you will find the necessary files which are a breeze to install. They must, however be reinstalled if there is a hard reset.

10. akwarner

akwarner Mobile Consultant

I did the update yesterday and my G1 files restored as part of the restore of all my data. It continues to work just fine. Good luck.

A.