Tungsten E and Wireless Networking (Wi-Fi and Bluetooth)

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Ed Hardy, Dec 31, 2003.

1. beto_genesis

beto_genesis Newbie

I found a wi-fi card ( model: P10952U) compatible with T2 ; T5 .. so i'm going to usa next week and think i'll buy it to my tungsten E ... so, what all you say to me? do it or don't do it? i need use wirelles in my pda..but i dont want to buy another one.. it's possible to use thes card im my palm? please help me.. here in Brasil is so hard to find more about it

2. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Hello beto_genesis, Welcome to BrightHand :D:D:D

Since you have a TE (not TE2 ??), the card you found will not work.
    The only solution I know of that will work with a T|E is the Enfora Wifi case ...

Sorry ...:(

3. MaxRoadster

MaxRoadster Newbie

Newbe here- I was under the impression the Tungsten E2 was WiFi and BT ready.

4. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

Welcome to Brighthand MaxRoadster.

The E2 has Bluetooth and can use Palm's WiFi card. If you want a model with WiFi inside, that would be the TX.

The T|E (original subject of this over three-year-old thread) could not use the WiFi card.

5. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Newbie

I was given a E2 by my wife who got this for next to nothing at her office (Blackberries are the rage). The E2 is very cool. I like it a lot. I do not have a home network, just a stand alone PC.

I am interested in checking e-mail and a little internet surfing on the go with this E2 so I got a Palm Wi-Fi card today and installed the software. I wasn't able to take it out just yet but I plan to try this at a Starbucks tomorrow. Any advice? What else do I need to do to use this on the go?

Thanks in advance from a Palm rookie.

6. holvoetn

Hello Bill-DC, welcome to BrightHand :D:D:D

From a HW point of view it looks like you are all set.
    Next thing is to make sure you got all your bookmarks set in Blazer. If you also want to check on emails, setup your account in Versamail. Which provider are you using for email ?

7. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Newbie

I found a few free wi-fi spots around my work and home areas and this works great. Starbucks connection is through t-mobile and it costs (darn, that's where I spend a lot of time) but the library has a free connection and that;s helpful because the computers are always filled.

I'll have to set up an account in Versamail later.

8. Silly Rabbit

Silly Rabbit In training!

WIFI rocks! :newpalm: I'm new to it, too but am loving doing wireless hot syncs to my PC and checking email or getting the phone number of a local store or restaurant from the 'net. The handful of Starbucks I've been to around here have unlocked WIFI. But WIFI has spoiled me & it's annoying when there's no free WIFI in the area. :eek: So I think I'm now going to upgrade my cell phone to Bluetooth. :D

My next plan of attack is to see if I can telnet to the unix box at work.

Have fun!

9. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Newbie

Dumb question but when I was installing Versamail, I lost the Web icon that was on the screen. How can I get it back? I don't want to reinstall and lose everything I put in. Long story short, I have a Versamail icon and a Wi-Fi set up icon but no Web icon.

Next questions: What is VPN and how do I set that up? I can set up my yahoo account through Versa mail, right?

Thanks for helping this rookie out. I love this thing and want to use it to it's fullest capacity.

10. holvoetn

Web icon should correspond to Blazer. Did you do something with that since it is not displayed anymore ? Are you sre you have all categories being displayed in your Launcher ?

Yahoo: you need POP3 access, something which I believe is only available for paid subscriptions to Yahoo. You could consider setting up an auto-forward to e.g. Gmail and retrieve your mails from there ?

VPN = Virtual Private Network, something needed to set a secure private link between your device and e.g. company network or your home computer. What exactly are you planning on doing with this ?