Trillian-like software for 2215?

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by mtrimmer, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mtrimmer

mtrimmer Mobile Deity

Does anyone know of a package like Trillian that allows for connecting to MSN, Yahoo and AIM simultaneously?

2. imported_TMAN

imported_TMAN Mobile Deity

3. imported_TMAN

imported_TMAN Mobile Deity

I just thought of another... It is called Jabber. I do not remember where to find it but a quick Google search might yield results.

4. mtrimmer

mtrimmer Mobile Deity

TMAN, thanks for the replies. However, the one from Ruksun won't load on PPC2K3, and JabberCE (now called MOV) is flaky at best. Any other ideas would be GREATLY appreciated.

5. jlan5584

jlan5584 Mobile Deity

hmmmmm, not looking good. I too am looking for a trillian-like chat program. I suppose it is possible to use this ICQ beta < shudders already > download , which would allow us to use an ICQ screen name and then message AOL users ( aol recently opened up to ICQ numbers ) .

Problem is, if beta doesn't scare you away, like it did for me, it says "time-limited".... jeez, that is stupid... why offer it at all???

aghhh..... there is one more option that i can think of, but i find it repulsive.... you'd have to 1) connect to your wifi network 2) go to aol.com/aim 3) click on their java express link 4) wait for it to download and load (slow enough on a PC as is running crappy jave apps ) 4) enter your login name/pw, assuming it hasn't already crashed 5) have "fun" chatting away in a java based app with your friends... "opps", looks like after you hit send the java kernel crashed .... time to start over......

LOL, ok end ranting, but damn, I really would love to get a good chat program going < free :) >, and MSN messenger isn't enough.

anyone got any ideas?

thanks

6. imported_Mark Rejhon

imported_Mark Rejhon Mobile Deity

7. mtrimmer

mtrimmer Mobile Deity

Mark,
    Do you have access to the PocketPC trial iteration? I filled out the trial form, and I was informed that it will take a couple of days to get it to me.
    *sigh*

8. clrankin

clrankin Mobile Deity

I've got the Enterprise Edition of imov working fine on my 5455 (PPC2002, not PPC2003 though-- so that might be an issue). I can test and let you guys know more when I wind up getting a 2215 as well-- should be in a couple of weeks (if you can wait that long).

9. mtrimmer

mtrimmer Mobile Deity

Well, the email was incorrect - I received the trial immediately! Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to do anything but connect to their server.... NEXT CONTESTANT, PLEASE! :(

10. jlan5584

jlan5584 Mobile Deity

haha, damn this sucks.

anyone else have a client that google isn't showing us :D ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.