Treo on pay as you go with Bell?

Discussion in 'Palm' started by kevs, Jul 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevs

kevs Mobile Consultant

Hi, just wondering if it's possible to activate a treo on "pay as you go" or "prepaid" with Bell mobility in Canada? I tried phoning Bell, but they close the phone lines at 5pm!!!

I'm not interested in the data features, just the ability to use the phone and pda...

2. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

I don't know about Bell specifically, but most carriers will let you activate as prepaid any phone branded for their network. So if you can get a Bell-branded Treo, it should work.

3. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

I know that here, in US, I could get an unlocked TREO 680 and AT&T would let me put a pay as you go SIM card in it. I suspect it would work for any carrier that uses GSM SIMs.

4. maclaren

maclaren Mobile Deity

Bell uses CDMA, not GSM, so you can't just swap SIM cards. I expect they wouldn't want to allow any handset on their network unless it was Bell-branded.

I've switched handsets with Bell a couple of times (although not a Treo and not pay-go), and all they seem to care about is if there is a Bell logo on the phone and if they can read the ESN. They charge you around twenty bucks to do it.

If you do have a Bell Treo, let us know how it goes.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.