Treo 650 turns on by itself

Discussion in 'Palm' started by StevenColorado, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevenColorado

StevenColorado Mobile Deity

I never use my Treo for Internet access or email (data plans are too pricy for me), so I reprogrammed my email button to Docs to Go.

Several times a day, Docs to Go will turn on by itself, sometimes when the Treo is sitting on a flat surface. Of course, it doesn't stay on long, but it is a battery drain.

Any suggestions? Yes, I know that I will have to do a hard reset and see of that helps...

2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Welcome back Steven. Long time no see.

Easiest way to see what is waking up your device is this - Grab yourself a trial copy of RescoExplorer. Load it up, and within RescoExplorer, look for the Alarms area, and then look at the individual alarms. See if anything is causing it to wake up. Here's two images of what mine looks like:

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Find the offending program, modify the program, move it to the card, or get rid of it. If it's waking up at times not listed there... let us know.

3. AlanG

AlanG Mobile Deity

I had a similar issue last night. It turned out that I had left my Bluetooth headset on in my coat pocket while at a party. As I moved around the house, I would come into and out of grant of my headset. When I came in range, my Treo would wake up. It was bothering me all night. Until I turned off Bluetooth and then the problem went away. Go figure.

Steve, are you using a Bluetooth headset?

Alan G

4. r0k

r0k Dazed

My Treo 650 wakes up when I start my car. My car bluetooth kit bypasses the "center press to stay on" and the Treo must time out before it turns back off. Very annoying. There is definitely a vulnerability when it comes to Bluetooth waking up the Treo 650. Good thing it has long battery life :).

5. Stepmama

Stepmama Oh, baby...

Don't know if this has anything to do with anyone's "wake-up" problem, but when I first got my Treo, it would turn on randomly for no appparent reason. After narrowing it down, I discovered that it was because I had the external keyboard driver turned on. Once I turned it off, everything was fine.

6. StevenColorado

It's not bluetooth.

Stepmama, I'll give that a try.

Darn thing's about out of power now... I'll have to retrieve my charger from work.

7. StevenColorado

Okay, it's fixed.

I plugged the Treo into its charger but even after getting it halfway charged, it showed that it was low on charge, that the phone wouldn't work because it was out of range, etc. So I soft reset it and everything's fine.

Summing up: Problem originated because it was low on power.
    Fix: Charge it up and soft reset.

I'm happy now. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.