Treo 650 - no COM port

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by Lypiphera, Apr 25, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lypiphera

Lypiphera Mobile Enthusiast

I have scoured the forums looking for help. If I missed the thread, please direct me to it.

I have a Treo 650 (Sprint PCS). I am trying to sync it to my PC (Windows XP Pro). Here is the error message I receive:

The selected port, COM1, is not available at this time. HotSync Manager will open the port when it becomes available.

This is not the first time I received this message. I was able to fix it on April 17, but I have no idea how I did it. So far today, I have done the following:
    - Performed a soft reset
    - Restarted my computer
    - Manually closed and reopened HotSync
    - Read the forums. :)

I am not sure quite what to do. When I go in to the Device Manager, there is no COM port with any number next to it. When I go in to HotSync Manager to Setup, I receive the same error message and do not have the option to change ports anywhere in there.

If one of you fabulous folks could help me out, I'd be eternally grateful. :D And I'm sorry if this has been dealt with before. If it has, I completely missed it.

ETA: I put this in the wrong spot. I'm sorry. :(

Also, my version of PalmOS Desktop is 4.1.4, and my version of HotSync is 5.4.0.

2. r0k

r0k Dazed

Welcome to Brighthand, Lypiphera!

Yep. You've put this in the linux/mac forum and it belongs in the windows sync forum. Hopefully a mod will come along and move it, but leave a link so you can find the replies.

Right click the hotsync icon in your task bar and make sure there are no check marks next to any com ports. The only check mark should be next to local usb. You should be good to go at that point.

Hope this helps...

3. Lypiphera

You rock my world (pun totally not intended!). I cannot believe I didn't figure that out myself. :rolleyes: Thank you for fixin my silliness! I'll write it down so I don't lose it next time I try to sync.

4. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

Welcome to Brighthand, Lypiphera. That's what we do best: fix problems and then waffle inanely when not on watch.

5. Lypiphera

Thanks! :D

6. r0k

r0k Dazed

You're welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.