Transport Monitor Cannot Complete Your Request (16)

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Palm OS)' started by pelikan3, Oct 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pelikan3

pelikan3 Mobile Deity

I have had the same Palm software for a few years, and have used a Treo 650, 700p and 755p with it. Though the system could be temperamental as to whether or not it preferred a USB or BlueTooth hotsync (sometimes one would work, sometimes the other) it would always Hot Sync.

Then, about two weeks ago, it would no longer sync. I would try to initiate hot sync and it would just hang there on my Treo, and nothing would come up on the MAC. I also noticed that, when I rebooted my system, an error message would come up on the desktop screen:

Transport Monitor
    Cannot Complete Your Request
    (16)

But, I didn't realize a connection to the Palm software. Just the other day, I noticed that, when I opened Hot Sync Manager, there are two radio buttons on the first screen and it reads: Hot Sync Enabled Disabled.

I discovered that the button for disabled was clicked, so I unclicked it and closed out the window. The title message came up immediately. I have tried everything, including completely uninstalling and reinstalling my Palm Desktop and Hot Sync Manager software. No luck. Same problem occurs.

Any thoughts?

Please feel free to email me directly if you like, at gedansky_at_netscape_dot_net.

Thanks!

2. Constance

Constance Mobile Deity

you may need to review the Apple.com support discussions for this issue....

3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.