Transfer Music to Palm Pre Without iTunes

Discussion in 'Palm' started by drwhoinlasvegas, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. drwhoinlasvegas

drwhoinlasvegas Newbie

You can transfer music directly via USB copy and paste to just about any folder except the ringtones folder. I pasted music to the 100PALM subfolder in the DCIM folder. Although the pictures and music were all together, The Pre only adds the pictures to your pictures application and the music to your songs lists with the music application. PRETTY SMART PHONE! You can create a separate music folder to keep it organized without sorting by file type in Windows. I have MP3's for music and for ringtones and the ringtone ones do not show up in the music application and vice versa so if you want a song for a ringtone you have to put it in the ringtone folder as well.
    I hope this saves others from going through the iTunes big brother scenario. This was fast and easy!

2. muppet_funk

muppet_funk Pre Nut

Were you able to get playlists to work this way? In my trials, it only saw my playlists if I did the transfer in iPre mode.

3. drwhoinlasvegas

drwhoinlasvegas Newbie

Unfortunately no.

4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

You might have success with Media Monkey-- I am assuming it can handle the Pre, I don't see why not. If it works (it is free), it will copy over Playlists. I found some evidence that it has problems co-existing with iTunes, but I am not completely sure that wasn't some weird problem I was having. It is a great music management program and has an enthusiastic following.

I like iTunes even though I have never owned an iPod, so I decided to stay with it, but Media Monkey is definitely worth a look.

5. drwhoinlasvegas

drwhoinlasvegas Newbie

Thanks Hook.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.