TP2 touchscreen failure - replaced by Sprint

Discussion in 'HTC Touch Pro, Fuze, & Touch Pro2' started by jigwashere, Dec 20, 2011.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Mi-An if you would be ever so kind as to write up the tutorial, I for one would be thrilled.

It would also be nice to know what all the caveats are with the current build. I've seen too many 'same as applies previously' indications, which leave me going... well what isn't working? So for now, I'm pecking and poking about trying to find what works and what doesn't.

I'm daring, as this is a full production device. I use it extensively for work, and is my only phone for work and personal use. If something isn't working right, I'll have to flip back to Froyo, but for now I think the bare bones are working. :)

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I class! You could hold a class and serve beer! :D

Sent from my XDAndroid TP2 using Tapatalk!

3. Mi An

Mi An Nexus Refugee

I'll look into it. Not the class ;) but you know, the tutorial. Not sure if I can be too thorough on the list of things not previously working. They only ever listed major functionality. I doubt anyone even knows what minor internal feature was broken such that Groove IP didn't work.

Also, I'm not sure previous caveats really do apply. It used to help to keep GPS off any time you weren't using it. It also used to help to be in airplane mode in winmo before booting and to go into airplane mode in android before rebooting. I suspect those were really due to quirks in FRX's stability, and I'm not sure it applies anymore as I know I can boot into android while leaving android radios on without any effect on responsiveness (so far, knock on wood).

Bluetooth and prox sensor were both previous caveats, but Bluetooth works on at least one kernel (3.something) and prox works (albeit, with some potential bugs) even on the bundled .27.

But I'll see if I can't polish the OP in the thread up a bit to at least reflect what I know.

4. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Thanks Mi An.

Not really concerned with what 3rd party apps don't work. More-so concerned with what out of the box functionality don't work. There is a built in wifi tether in these builds, but I couldn't seem to get it to work in FRX, and I believe it caused a crash in GBX. Didn't see that documented, but the pages of reading... I may have missed it. :)

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

I'm using Wi-Fi tether right now with my Nook Color. Works like a charm with no problems so far! In fact, the speedtest is Ping 129ms, Download 1408kbps, Upload 172kbps. Other than upload, it's pretty good. :)

6. phudson126

phudson126 Mobile Enthusiast

Nice. At last I hear about one customer care that has really made its customer happy. Indeed it’s a bit of gift for you jigwashere. How long are you going to suffer with the crappy touch screen that may not work when you want it? Nice that you could get rid of it. Congrats on the new device.

7. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Please don't resurrect old threads just to make an idle comment. Idle comments are fine, but leave old threads lay unless something substantive are being added to the topic, please.

8. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Absolutely! These types of "resurrection" comments will be summarily deleted. Check the date on the last post in a thread before you decide to post.

9. theraven146

theraven146 Mobile Enthusiast

You could probably search for your product in the Amazon market place. I always more often than not, end up finding what I want in the Amazon shopping place, no matter how rare they are. You may also find things in the their cheapest rates.

10. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

He resolved this by getting a replacement from point of purchase. Why would he want to buy another one from someplace else? Did you read the whole thread before replying? The resolution info has even been included in an updated thread title.