Touch Calendar comes out of beta!

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by olilan, Jan 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. olilan

olilan Mobile Enthusiast

Hi.

I'm the developer of Touch Calendar (and Searchify), and I'm pleased to announce that Touch Calendar is now out of beta and available in a full version with widget support.

Touch Calendar is a new way to view your calendar on a mobile phone, making browsing your calendar as easy as using Google Maps.

Instead of having many different screens to switch between, Touch Calendar displays everything in a single zoomable, scrollable view with support for pinch-zoom.

The app supports all the calendars your phone does, so your Google calendars will display as normal and with events in the correct colours.

The full version of the app is available at an introductory price of £1, and includes home-screen widgets. Alternatively you can try out the free version which has all the features that the beta did.

Hope you like the app!

For more info, see the Touch Calendar website.

Thanks,
    Oli.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Full version:
    [​IMG]

Free version:
    [​IMG]

2. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

Wow -- how did I miss this happening? This is a great calendar app, and now that it has a widget it's a great app that's now even better. I love the design of this app. It's very intuitive and fresh by not taking the switch view approach and instead using a zoom. I highly recommend checking this app out. Can't wait to try the widget!

Thanks, Oli!

3. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Great looking screen shots. And a VERY reasonable price. Bookmarked. If and when I get my Android, I'll be trying this out (full version for a pound is worth the 'risk.')

Oops. Saw that was an intro price. Can I buy it without having an Android phone yet? It might be worth stockpiling it.

Dumb question: All the screen shots are in portrait (vertical) mode. Does it display in landscape (horizontal) mode too? It probably does, but I wanted to make sure.

4. internetpilot

I don't think you can buy it without going through your phone.

Yup, it auto-rotates to landscape for me -- just tried it.

Other than the whole "zoom" approach, the widget is what I'm digging. Definitely the nicest looking widget for me. It displays 2 weeks in just 1/2 screen.

5. LaLongeCarabine

LaLongeCarabine Mobile Deity

Great app, just what I've been looking for. The pinch to zoom is novel and I'm getting use to it. I'm 'over the roof' with the scheduling it allows to set repeating 2 week alarm. Doesn't everybody get paid every other week?
    I also like the look of the gadget opaque and the first zoom is perfect.
    Dumped all my other calendar apps and I'm keeping this thanks!

6. Magellan

Magellan Moderator of Ill repute Super Moderator

Does anyone know if this will also show Touchdown calendar and tasks?

7. PaulaSims

PaulaSims Mobile Consultant

Forgive my naivate, but any idea why I can't find it on the Market? I've tried but no luck.

Thanks

Paula

8. Pinmac

Pinmac Mobile Deity

Hi Paula
    I found it by searching the Market but if you look under Productivity you should find it.

Clare

9. Stryker

Stryker Mobile Deity

10. internetpilot

I'm probably the wrong person to attempt to answer this because I'm still very new to Android, but....

My answer would have to be that I'm not sure. I know that my HTC Evo has an Exchange calendar listed in my list of calendars (whether I'm using Touch Calendar, Pimlical for Android, or the stock Calendar app). I don't know why that's there, because I don't have access to any Exchange server. I'm assuming that if your Google Calendar also lists an Exchange calendar, then you should be able to display that calendar in Touch Calendar.

Now Tasks may be another matter....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.