torrent questions

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PC4Life, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PC4Life

PC4Life Mobile Deity

hi...

i am a new torrent user and need some info...why do you set an upload rate while downloading a file? i mean theres seem no use of it ....then whats the reason...and also let me know what is meant by seeding? thanks

2. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Have you ever thought about Googling for these sorts of answers? Honestly, that's how most folks find things out, even here. Doing your own research also makes you feel like you've accomplished something. :)

3. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

4. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Ah! On Wikipedia's birthday, I'm dancing a polka. There's the people that now date under B.G. and A.G. (before and after Google). This truly yours dates B.W. and A.W. Of more specific and significant impact in my life :D :D

BTW, PC4Life, as you are new with torrents and those things, I really encourage you to go fully armored if you're ready to walk that way. Download and P2P clients are the most infectious resources on the Net. You're gonna need antivirus, antispyware, firewall up, and a mouth cover :D

[​IMG]

5. Josser

Josser Mobile Deity

You set an upload rate because all of the seeds are scanning your hard drives and taking what they want. That's why they call it file sharing.:rolleyes:

6. PC4Life

PC4Life Mobile Deity

lelisa i find it comfortable asking things in my own words and in the way i want...plus i get short and to the point answers...am i doing wrong?

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

It's not so much that you're doing anything wrong as you're denying yourself the opportunity of discovery and, to be blunt, it seems lazy, like members who ask about things without bothering to first use the Search function that the forums offer. Using the Search function here for bit torrent advice may or may not have yielded results but Wikipedia and/or Google will ALWAYS offer some answers regardless of the topic.

That said, everyone has times when a quick answer is needed; AAMOF, forum questions sometimes take a while to be answered and results from the sources that I mentioned are much faster if time is a factor.

8. PC4Life

PC4Life Mobile Deity

no doubt they take some time to answer on forums but at least these answers are authentic and self tested. so i always prefer to ask on forums :)
    thanks anyway for the response

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.