Took the Plunge

Discussion in 'webOS' started by scjjtt, Jan 6, 2012.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

I finally took the plunge (the boss - my wife - gave the green light:D ) - basically it is my Christmas present - just late) and purchased a relatively used 32g Touchpad for $230. After using a PixiPlus for a few weeks this summer I fell in love with WebOS. A nice side feature is - the previous owner loaded CyanogenMod that loads up Android 2.37 (Kernel version: 2.6.35-palm-tenderloin erik@myhost#37; Mod version: CyanogenMod-7.1.0-xronified-alpha3; Build number: GRJ22), and he loaded up ClockworkingMod - which I need to learn about. Presently in Android I have 681 MB/854 MB in Mem info (avail/total).

Anyway, here my question - does anyone know of an app that I can access files off my network in WebOS like I do with ES File Explorer with Android?

So far I'm very impressed with the speed of the Touchpad with WebOS and Android. I feel like I got a pretty good tablet for a decent price (although I saw on Craig's list this morning one for $200 - but it doesn't have Android installed - for me it is worth the extra to have android already installed).

Any help from BH members would be great!

Thanks,

2. tmedvick

tmedvick Guy Smiley

I believe Gemini File Manager gives some level of network access, though not direct copy to device.

I use a streamer or Remote Desktop to drop things into a folder synched through wifi media sync for my purposes here.