Took the plunge, bought a Lumia 928

Discussion in 'Other Device Manufacturers' started by questionfear, May 21, 2013.

1. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Well, I let my curiosity and boredom with the iPhone get the best of me, and ordered a Lumia 928. It should hopefully ship soon, and I am very excited to try something new and different.

Just wanted to share my impending new gadget fun!

2. Mi An

Mi An Untethered

Congrats! I hope it fits the bill. :newpalm:

I'm all about the amoled these days, so don't spare the details on your screen when it comes.

RickAgresta likes this.
  3. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I will give you a full rundown!

Right now I am anxiously awaiting a shipping notification, even though the super nice Verizon rep said it might take up to two days to ship.

Either Verizon and Nokia didn't stock many of these, or the demand was higher than anticipated, because most of the stores in my area are sold out! I was in a Microsoft store the other day playing with the Lumias, and the rep said they blew through their stock of 928s already. Impressive since it just started shipping last week and this was on Tuesday!

scjjtt likes this.
  4. Hook

Hook Professional Daydreamer

QF, I'll be very interested in your rundown, especially what it is like to use once you've dismissed the tiles and are into the apps, something that sort of gets ignored a lot. Mitlov has been a valuable voice for learning about WP here, but as I have followed your perspective through Symbian, Android and IOS, it will be nice to see what you find. My interest in WP is low, though I try to keep an open mind, but I miss Nokia hardware.

Looking forward to your review.

RickAgresta and scjjtt like this.
  5. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I am excited to try something new! From my brief fiddling in the store I found the phone to be quite fast and impressive, and it's Nokia...it's hard to not love a Nokia.

scjjtt likes this.
  6. Mitlov

Mitlov Shiny

So jealous!!!

scjjtt likes this.
  7. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Yes, QF - you will have a perspective on the phone and OS that many may never have from your past experiences. I look forward to living through your experience with the phone. I too, have gone the Android and Chrome OS route (although I still use my WebOS TouchPad and get tempted to get a Pre3 and use it on T-Mobile) but it will be refreshing to hear about what you find with your new phone. Who knows - maybe you'll get us all to abandon our OS ship and make the switch too.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities

8. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

If I recruit this bunch to windows phone I think Microsoft will owe me a commission! (mitlov doesn't count) ;)

scjjtt likes this.
  9. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

Shipped! Arrives Tuesday. Probably good, so I won't waste my holiday weekend playing with a new phone. Right? (Go along with this to avoid my NOOOO! reaction when I realized Monday was a holiday and I had to wait another day. ;))

lelisa13p and scjjtt like this.
  10. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

That's right - would would not want to have a new phone when you have some extra free time from a long weekend to work on it. It's Labor Day Weekend - you need to rest. You can work on your new phone when your schedule is back full and you don't have any free time available.

-- Sent from my TouchPad using Communities