I was getting seriously frustrated (again) in my migration efforts from my Palm to my E71. Palm allows Notes to be attached to ToDo notes, and the Calendar in the E71 also supports this. However, my desktop PIM, Lotus Organizer 6.1 (employed initially as a conduit for moving data between Palm and Symbian), does NOT. So, after syncing my Palm ToDo items with Organizer, I ended up with all of my note texts dumped in right after the ToDo title as a single string of text. With subsequent syncing of Organizer w my E71, the notes remained part of the subject line. Not good. Worse, the length of the new "Subjects" in some of my ToDo items apparently exceeded what the phone software was expecting or could handle. Some text was just truncated, and when I attempted to open some ToDo items, the application crashed. I noticed this mainly with the SBSH Calendar, because that's the one I'm using. Annoying. Then I noticed some ToDo items HAD transferred properly to my E71 -- don't ask me why. There had separate notes which could be viewed and edited on the E71. So, I then examined these same records on the Lotus Organizer. Interesting. Lotus Organizer had no Notes attached to the respective ToDo items, BUT the [text from the notes on the E71 was contained between a left and right bracket such as begins and ends this string]. I then re-visited my problem ToDo items in Organizer, restored missing text from my Palm Desktop when necessary, and then popped brackets around it. After syncing, this same text showed up as Notes on the E71. No brackets were visible in the E71 notes. For fun, I tried creating a "note" in Organizer which actually CONTAINED multiple brackets, randomly entered between a left and right bracket, like this: ][] After syncing, the text note appeared, and contained but a single "]" Looks like the bracket symbol is used for signaling the beginning and end of a Note on the E71's calendar. No surprise, then, that there might be problems if a text note contains such brackets. I don't know how they're parsed, but someone might know the syntax. I'm just spewing this for fun, hoping it might help anyone who has had the problem moving ToDo notes to Symbian from another platform. Perhaps this would not have been an issue had I used Outlook as the intermediary, but I don't own it and did own Organizer, which I like for other reason.