To avoid a forced OTA upgrade…

Discussion in 'Android OS' started by RickAgresta, Oct 10, 2015.

1. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

on my S5, on VZW, I've used Titanium Backup to freeze 2 files, SDM 1.0 & FWUpgrade. That worked fine since I got the phone. Last night I did a factory reset, and this morning I tried to freeze those 2 files…couldn't find the 2nd, only 'AllShare Cast Dongle S/W' had upgrade is the name. tapped on it, and saw this:

Screenshot_2015-10-10-07-20-39.png I have no problem freezing it but wonder if TiBu has gotten confused, or if VZW/Samsung have gotten trickier in their collaboration to control what I do with my phone?

scjjtt likes this.
  2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

That's an intriguing message. I've never seen something like this on any of my devices. Have you tried extracting the apk (if any) from the backup file, to confirm what it really is? Could be that TB got confused with its history after the factory reset.

RickAgresta likes this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

I haven't pursued this, raspy; and since the phone is fine (from the perspective of forced upgrades) I'm inclined to not poke around. I do get asked about upgrades if I run Kies when connected via USB, but that's not forcing me to do anything. thanks for the reply, much appreciated.