TMobile may be the fastest carrier soon?

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by LandSurveyor, Mar 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

2. Ed Hardy

Ed Hardy TabletPCReview Editor Staff Member

Though I'm often on loaner phones, T-Mobile is my regular wireless carrier. I've been very pleased with the quality of its 3G network in my area, and I'm looking forward to its next-generation network.

-

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

I'm still in a bit of a holding pattern regarding getting a smartphone again. I'd say TMO covers me well about 90% of the time but I travel to more remote areas than most. My brother and I use a Verizon mifi in conjuction with our surveying GPS to get corrections broadcast from base stations and it rarely fails us. Still, for several reasons, I prefer T-Mobile.
    Would you get one of their current devices or maybe choose something unlocked?

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  4. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

Interesting and confusing at the same time. As I've mentioned, Rogers in Canada has already rolled this same (HSPA+) system out in major cities and Verizon was supposed to roll out a 21 Mbps system as well (but maybe is skipping it and going to LTE?). It will be interesting to see which new system (whether it's technically 3G or 4G or whatever) is most reliable and fastest.

This article seems to bear out what you'd written before Ed, that even if HSPA+ has a higher theoretical upper limit, it may not be quite as fast as Sprint's WiMAX or LTE in practice.

5. Magellan

Magellan Moderator of Ill repute Super Moderator

Sometime over the last month I finally got that speed boost they have been talking about. I was getting 512Mb dl speeds, but I just checked today and it was 3Mb!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.