Tiny Sheet 4

Discussion in 'Applications/Utilities (Palm OS)' started by avuenta, Sep 23, 2015.

1. avuenta

avuenta Mobile Enthusiast

I installed TinySheet4 on Palm m515. Key code rejected. I am using a different Palm device but have the same user name. Iambic no longer supports generating codes for old software. Softonics will provide the software but no support. Any suggestions as to who can help?

2. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I don't think you have options for support with this app. If the software has been abandoned by the developer then you will not be able to get a new code. However, if both devices have the exact same hotsync name then the program should work on both, unless the code is not generated from the hotsync name but from other data.

Have you considered another app for spreadsheets? If memory serves me well, the m515 came with DocumentsToGo version 4.003 in the software CD. This app also has a hotsync conduit to transfer data to and from a PC. You can get a software CD from Chris Short here. You can contact Chris to make sure the CD does include DTG.

lelisa13p, Hook and RickAgresta like this.
  3. avuenta

Thanks so much for your reply. I do actually have that CD when I got my M500. That bit the dust so I purchased an M515 from Short Tronics. From what I can tell, I have the same software CD and it only has Palm Desktop. I will contact Chris and ask. :vbsmile:

raspabalsa and lelisa13p like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Sometimes, things like DTG came on the bonus disk. The bonus disk items were made separate because thhey had stricter copying restrictions than the Palm Desktop files. That's how the TX was at least.

lelisa13p, scjjtt and raspabalsa like this.
  5. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

I searched my files, and I have the whole DTG 4.003 folder that came with my m515 (or maybe it was the T1). I don't have the CD or its sleeve or wherever it was that the serial number was stored, so I don't know if it can be activated. The activation page is still active at Dataviz here. I'm not sure if it will be of any use in this condition (without activation number) but if you want it let me know and I'll send you the installer folder.

scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  6. avuenta

Hi, I found out that the DataViz app will work with Excel spreadsheets. Alas, I have MS Works and therefore I assume those spreadsheets can't be opened by this application. If it at least views them, I can get an original CD from Shortronics.

scjjtt likes this.
  7. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

You don't need to have MS Office. You can use Libre Office or Open Office as substitutes, in many cases.

8. avuenta

I finally got Tiny Sheet back in operation. It too imports only Excel spreadsheets. But no problem, I save the file as a csv file and copy it to Palm Desktop memo, then synch to the handheld. Since there is a 4000 character limit, bigger spreadsheets can be broken down and imported. The result is a workbook with multiple sheets. This worked ok for the data I wanted to have on my handheld. Because the items are listed alphabetically, the sheets are marked according to sections of the alphabet, making it easy to choose the sheet where a particular item can be found. However, I'll keep the Open Office suggestion in mind. Thanks everyone for your input.

lelisa13p, jigwashere and RickAgresta like this.