Time to upgrade. Note 20 Ultra is my hopeful plan...

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by headcronie, Aug 9, 2020.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Glad I've got 4 years for Samsung to pull its head out of its ass if this is indeed the case. But... as they say, it isn't over until the rotund lady sings. And I've not heard her sing officially yet.

2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Got our first OS upgrade on our Note 20 Ultra. Version 11 is here, along with One UI 3.0.

Of note, are increased security features where apps can't have persistent access to location data. They can only request access while in use, or never. You've got to jump through a bit of a hoop to grant them perpetual access.

The new eye candy is pleasing to view, and the upgraded notification shade appears to work well. I don't see all the tweaks, as I'm still using Nova launcher and I don't use gestures. Mrs. HC has noticed more of a change as she's using Samsung's interface. The dialer even changed, and she got tripped up trying to figure out which number she was calling - mobile vs home for a contact. I had to look at it with her to figure it out.

I've not run into any app incompatibilities yet. Even Boat Browser still works. I so wish there were other browsers that offered a floating window. That is super handy to have.