Time to upgrade. Note 20 Ultra is my hopeful plan...

Discussion in 'General Smartphone/Handheld/Wearable Discussion' started by headcronie, Aug 9, 2020.

1. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Those are nice headphones indeed. Thanks for the recommendation, qf. I've never tried bone conduction headphones. My choices are either around-ear cans for listening at home and work, or in-ear buds when riding my bike. But when riding I keep one of the earbuds off to mantain situational awareness. Maybe a bone conduction set would be a better solution.

2. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

They are excellent for working out. Sound fidelity is obviously somewhat compromised, you're not going to get mind-blowing bass or anything. But you get music while listening to what's around you, plus in my experience the battery life is stellar. Thankfully the worst thing I encountered back when I had time to run long distances was angry neighborhood dogs, but it was helpful to know when they were gaining on me!

3. raspabalsa

raspabalsa Brain stuck BogoMipping

Hmmm... that's something to consider. I encounter angry neighborhood dogs on a daily basis :D

I was wondering about the audio quality. I read the product page, and the manufacturer claims they have high quality audio. Good to know about the low bass response.

4. questionfear

questionfear Google'd.

I had neighbors who had 6 chihuahuas and only 3 leashes. I often led a parade of angry, yapping animals down the street.

scjjtt, headcronie, lelisa13p and 3 others like this.
  5. EdmundDantes

EdmundDantes Mobile Deity

Edit: I think I meant to comment here that I thought it was chintzy that they essentially render the mobile apps useless with 1 minute play, etc.. Just charge for the app and be done with it.

Last edited: Sep 24, 2020
    scjjtt likes this.
  6. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

scjjtt, headcronie and jigwashere like this.
  7. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

This is their way of showing what the app can do without making a demo app.

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  8. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Better battery above what it is already doing? Ok. No complaints about that I guess. :)

Sent from my Samsung Note 20 Ultra using Tapatalk

scjjtt, RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  9. RickAgresta

glad you hadn't had any bad battery issues; worries me, though, that they're violating "if ain't broke, don't fix it"

scjjtt, headcronie and jigwashere like this.
  10. RickAgresta

just saw this:
    RIP Galaxy Note: Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 3 will reportedly take over

A report out of Korea claims the Galaxy Z Fold 3 will arrive in June as a Galaxy Note replacement

Samsung is banking on its flagship foldable phone series, and it's easy to understand why. The Galaxy Z Fold 2 impressed with its debut this fall, especially given the rocky launch of its predecessor. And with rumors heating up about the Galaxy Z Fold 3, Samsung’s upcoming foldable could stake out an even bigger role in the company's phone lineup.
    How big? Korean publication Aju News claims that the Galaxy Z Fold 3 will take center stage by the middle of 2021, as the phone maker discontinues its long-running Galaxy Note product line.

Dropping the Galaxy Note would be a big move for Samsung, as the phablet line has been a central focus at Samsung for a little less than a decade. Samsung hasn’t commented on the growing number of rumors about the Note’s fate, which started in earnest more than a week ago when noted leaker Ice Universe tweeted that there was no indication Samsung was working on a new version of the Note.

That hasn’t been the case with the Galaxy Z Fold 3, which has been the focus of many rumors and leaks — the biggest of which suggests that it will feature a stylus similar to the Note’s S Pen. That has been the Note’s exclusive feature, which suggests to some that the phablet’s days are numbered in favor of a foldable phone with a larger screen.

Additionally, the Galaxy Note 20 series experienced sluggish sales, not long after launching. According to analytics firm Counterpoint Research, the Galaxy Note 20 and Galaxy Note 20 Ultra ended up placing only fourth and eighth in the top 10 smartphone sales just in the first week of September alone behind the iPhone 11 line. With opening numbers like these, it seems obvious that Samsung would be wise to rethink its phone lineup.

The Aju News report claims that Samsung was able to find an in-screen digitizer that lets the S Pen work with the Galaxy Z Fold 2’s foldable screen that has a much thinner layer of glass than traditional smartphones. Without making changes to the S Pen, the stylus would scratch up the Fold’s display

Other rumors suggest that the Galaxy Z Fold 3 will feature under-screen camera technology, a first for Samsung that will get rid of visible cut-outs for cameras in the phone’s screen.

link:
    https://www.tomsguide.com/news/rip-galaxy-note-samsung-galaxy-z-fold-3-will-reportedly-take-over

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    jigwashere and scjjtt like this.