There's no sound coming from my Galaxy S4 on Bluetooth

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by Silmark, Jul 18, 2014.

1. Silmark

Silmark Newbie

I know this sounds like an odd question but here it goes. I currently have a Galaxy S4 that's running on 4.4.2 and a 2010 Nissan Altima. I've never had an issue with my smartphone in the car but last week, I tried to make several calls and after the first time, I wasn't getting any sound on my end or the caller on the other end. I don't even hear a ring tone (the call just connects without sound). I fix it when I restart the phone but it's only a temporary fix. I'm not sure what I should do. Can somebody help me?

2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Welcome to Brighthand, Silmark! I'm not sure I can help, but whenever I run into problems with Bluetooth I try unpairing, then pairing them again as if they were new. Sometimes that works.

3. internetpilot

internetpilot Flying Dog (...duh...)

It sounds to me like your adjusting the ringer, speaker, audio, etc. volumes on the phone between trips in the car. Do you ever mute your phone for meetings, etc? Even if the BT successfully connects to your car, you can still control the volume output on your phone. If you go to settings, volume, make sure all the volume setting are at max and see if that helps.

Sorry if this seems like Captain Obvious is talking down to you (haha), but I can't tell you how many times I've done this myself and wondered why my BT music wasn't working!

RickAgresta likes this.
  4. SGosnell

SGosnell (retired) Palm Pilot

I see this problem every now and then, and I've learned to turn the volume up. Sometimes the volume gets turned down, and it's especially prevalent when I have the phone set to reduce volume when a headset is connected. Phones want to do that to prevent having your hearing damaged by overly loud earphones, and it works the same for both bluetooth and wired earphones.

RickAgresta likes this.