There Is A Possibility To Increase The Battery Capacity By Up To 40%

Discussion in 'Palm' started by wolfRx, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snickersmd

snickersmd Mobile Deity

I just got an e-mail from the battery supplier. The order has arrived from overseas, and will be shipped tomorrow (Tuesday). With the connectors arriving this week, the ready made batteries will be shipping as scheduled 1st-2nd week April!

2. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

3. klw

klw Guest

Easy everybody, we all have our own little ideosyncracies. Let's overlook them for the common good here....

I personally believe that Morden's battery could very well be as advertised. This due to its dimensions. As has been often pointed out: the Li-poly technology inside the things hasn't changed. To get more power, you need a bigger cell. Morden's cell is over 60mm long and 6 mm thick.

That being said, as JungleMike pointed out: the maximum unaltered length of the T3 battery compartment is about 57mm. JM thinks he can cram in a 6mm depth but I have my own doubts about being able to do that without employing one of his remove-the-plastic-casing-under-the-shell mods.

These facts put this battery out of the running as a re-power candidate for most of us. Soooo... snickersmd really can't use it because producing a battery for the T3 masses is one of his design goals.

4. snickersmd

snickersmd Mobile Deity

My apologies if the tone of my previous post seemed "patronizing" and "know-it-all". It certainly was not my intention.

My reply was also not a sales pitch. I am genuinely interested in finding out how this Powerizer battery measures up. Since I joined in this discussion, I've seen a lot of brands of batteries, and Powerizer is not one that I've run into as a major brand name for Lithium Polymer batteries. As such, you cannot blame me for being doubtful.

I only meant to encourage anyone on the thread who finds a new battery to look at it objectively and systematically gauge its capacity compared to whatever has been previously benchmarked. I meant no offense to any party, and I apologize again if I came off in the wrong way.

5. djfusion

djfusion Mobile Evangelist

AWESOME. The anticipation is killing me, snickersmd. :)

I'm gonna have to start checkin the board more often...

6. boosted

boosted Mobile Deity

I just found out about this thread, holy 81 pages lol. I went thru the first 20 pages or so and it's just way too long. So what is the progress right now? Can someone sum it up? Up til the last post I read, Igor Porto was still looking for a battery for his T|E, did he find it? I posted on the T|E forum, but it's not getting any love. :( I do know from Jungle Mike's posts in the T|E thread that the T|E has a lot of room, I wonder how big or how many battery can be stuffed inside the T|E.
    I had an idea about the T3 on the other thread, wonder if anyone tried that.

7. Pathdoc

Pathdoc Mobile Deity

Why don't you start at the end and read them in reverse chronologic order?

8. Igor Porto

Igor Porto Bass Luthier

boosted,

This is Igor Porto. Well, I advise you not to look for a battery for the T|E, because you won't find anything better. The original battery is only 3mm thick, and nothing thicker than this will fit the T|E. I suggest you to wait for the T|E 2 because it will have a better battery, and Bluetooth.

I've sold my T|E a long time ago, then moved to the T3, but didn't like it (short battery life, whining screen, difficult to calibrate, yellowish screen and awkward slider). Sold it too, and now I'm more than happy with my T5. It rocks. 7 hours battery life is a dream. No slider, great white bright screen. Sideways cover, no need to take it off to use the PWK in landscape.... my dreams came true. And I don't need WiFi anyway, nor the voice recorder.

But still, I respect those who love the T3, but it just wasn't built for me. Lots of my friends have a T3 and love it.

Cheers.

Igor Porto

9. boosted

boosted Mobile Deity

Thanks for the reply Igor, I had a T3 too, but it was stolen. (I'm still very pissed about that, loved the T3) I couldn't afford another T3 or T5, so I settled on a T|E when Office Depot had a sale last week. I'm not going to be able to upgrade to a different anytime soon, so I'm stuck with a T|E. I remember seeing JungleMike's measurement saying a battery up to 5mm in size will fit? If the battery is 3mm, can a bigger but not thicker one fit? Do you have a measurement of the empty space that's inside the T|E?

snickersmd, I went back 10 pages or so and saw that you have ordered 100 batteries for the T3, I don't know how much further back I have to go. Which battery did you end up ordering?

10. junglemike

junglemike Mobile Deity

TE's battery is indeed 3.5mm, and it's hard to find (single) cell to fit there and be of large capacity.
    However,if TE's battery life is important to you, and you have some basic skills, you can try this mod:
    http://discussion.brighthand.com/pa...php?s=&threadid=73943&perpage=10&pagenumber=1
    At least another 2 people (not here, another russian palm forum) performed similair mod and succeeded.
    Other than that it is hard to belive that there is a _single_ cell with larger capacity for TE, at least not untill lithium technology is improved.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.