There Is A Possibility To Increase The Battery Capacity By Up To 40%

Discussion in 'Palm' started by wolfRx, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snickersmd

snickersmd Mobile Deity

:) when the batteries arrive in a couple of weeks, I'll let everyone know. There is no sign-up sheet, they will be available on a first-come-first-serve basis.

If demand is still high after the first 100 are sold, then I will order another 100. Keep in mind, since the distributor will only obtain them on a per order basis, and that 100 units is the minimum order to have them sent from overseas, I will have 100 in stock once every 30 days. So just keep an eye on this thread and be one of the first when they arrive.

2. oc-wookie

oc-wookie Mobile Enthusiast

snickersmd
    May be you should start a list. I read the thread and know that it has been going on for ahile so some people may have lost interest or hope but I would think that there are alot of us that are waiting expectantly. Once you get to the point that you are for sure going to get a delivery ready for market leave a post and ask how many are still interested and willing to pay the price. That should help you to determine how many to order and when so that people do not have to wait for the turn around.
    I would be willing to pay ahead of time via check or paypal to preorder a battery if that would help.
    I know that a thread questioned this post's validity but I trust that you have been a member and would up honest and honorable about your product.
    Just a thought,
    Wookie

3. snickersmd

snickersmd Mobile Deity

I wish I could fine tune the whole process based on a true supply and demand list. But the turn around just can't be avoided because I can only order in minumum amounts of 100 and they will always come straight from Korea, so the 30 day wait per order is inevitable. I could order more than 100 at a time but I'm not a company and couldn't afford more than 100 up front. So you see, it's not really a question of how many I *need* to order but rather how many *can* I order. 100 is the minimum and I don't have the capital yet to order any more.

Additionally, as discussed before, to ensure security against fraud for both myself and the buyers, I will be distributing through eBay, at least for the first round. That makes it pretty impractical to keep a list, because I won't be able to control the order of people who click "Buy It Now" once the batteries have been listed.

If I sell enough to keep a stock greater than 100 pieces, I may order in larger quantities and sell direct once people have bought from me and can testify on this thread that I have a good product and reassure people that there is no fraud involved here.

I'm a T3 fan just like everyone else here trying to give a little back to the community, but you'll need proof, and I believe that once the product has been on sale for a while people will see that it's a safe buy. :)

4. djfusion

djfusion Mobile Evangelist

Great work, man. Can't wait to order my no-soldering-required (but I've learned because of this thread, lol, I guess it's a useful skill) and pop it into my T3. I'll keep my old batt. in case I need to send it into P1. I'll just be VERRYY careful when opening it. :p

5. ssdillon

ssdillon Mobile Enthusiast

6. villekille

villekille Mobile Enthusiast

I have a Tungsten T3.5! :) I got my KOKAM 1200 battery today and decided to give it a try. Everything went just fine. I just installed it, and I didn't have to do any modifications.

The only problem was the power button which was jammed when I closed the case for the first time. I loosened the screws and secured the top screws first and then the bottom ones, and now the power button works!

It's a pity they dont's sell these KOKAMs in the USA anymore. I bought mine from a local RC-store here in Helsinki, Finland, and the clerk said that they have lots of them.

One word of warning for taking the protection circuit out of the old battery. I tried to cut the solder tabs from the old battery with side cutters, it was the positive (+) side, and then my tool touched the body of the battery, which is obviously the negative ground, as my battery got very hot and some smoke came out of it. I should have been more careful, luckily it didn't explode.

7. snickersmd

snickersmd Mobile Deity

RC hobbyists charge and discharge their batteries at MUCH higher rates than those used in delicate electronics. Furthermore, they assemble packs bare without protection circuits and typically the protection circuit is integrated with the charger and not the cells. Hence it is very possible for someone to stupidly botch a battery job.

On the other hand, the charging circuit on the Palm motherboard never feeds that much current into the battery, and the protection circuit (the little circuit board that is transplanted from the old battery) actually shuts down any input charge once the battery is maxxed out. So if the upgrade is done properly, there is no risk to your Palm or your butt. :) The greatest risk for what happened in the video to happen to us is if you carelessly short the battery while installing.

That said, villekille you're very lucky that your old battery didn't burst when you shorted it. ;)

8. ssdillon

ssdillon Mobile Enthusiast

Ehh...buddy,

U won't mind sending some of those babies over to us folks? :)

We'll pay you via paypal and add some profit too for your effort :)

9. eric kyznetslov

eric kyznetslov Mobile Enthusiast

Hey Villekille, Kiitos for the info re Kokam batteries in Finland.

I'm just over here in Pietari.

What is the name of your store in Helsinki? Are there similar stores in Lahti - I will be going there next month. This is very good news for those of us who live in this region.

HeyHey

EK

10. villekille

villekille Mobile Enthusiast

It's not a problem, if somebody wants me to send this battery, I can do it. The problem is that the battery isn't as cheap as it is in the states.
    The price in the local shop is 16.90 euros, and sending to USA is around 2.90-4.90 euros. In US dollars it would be 25-28. But if someone is interested I would be more than glad to help.

For kyznetslov:
    I don't know if there's similar stores in Lahti. The store I'm talking about is actually located in Kauklahti, Espoo. By train it's about 30 minutes from the Helsinki Railway station. I don't remember the name right now, I will check it and inform you later.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.