There Is A Possibility To Increase The Battery Capacity By Up To 40%

Discussion in 'Palm' started by wolfRx, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcoltrane

jcoltrane Mobile Evangelist

WolfRx,

Please give us a detailed account of everything.

My battery should arrive any day now, but I have to wait for my eBay bought busted Tungsten T to get here to get a connector to solder to the battery.

Any and all information will be greatly appreciated.

2. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Well, Im not gonna install it in the palm, 'cos I`ve destroyed the wrapper and epoxy isn't the answer. The only thing that I'm gonna do is to try to fit it in the compartment, but it's already obvious to me that some surgery is needed - even without the wrapper the battery is at least 2 mm wider

Hey guys! Look at this site
    http://www.rc-dymond.com/order_batteries.htm
    The batteries are identical to those that we ordered (KOKAM), but the thickness is stated correctly - 6mm Look at the pictures - the model numbers on the batteries are the same! Even the price is the same $14.95!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Now, KLW! You gotta go it, man! If it is possible to get it done (with the right capacity), then I'm gonna order 1500mHa! (There might be no controller in the battery, though)

PS Has anyone disassembled the stylus?

3. jcoltrane

I've just recieved my battery, and it seems to be the proper 4 or 4.5mm thick. The basic measurements are 36mm x 50mm x 4mm not including the contacts. With the contacts, it's about 61mm in length.

More later!

4. Igor Porto

Igor Porto Bass Luthier

JColtrane,

Are you sure about these measurements?????? If yes, wooooooohoooooooooooooo, it will fit my T|E!!!

Install and charge it. Then post a review!!! Good Luck!

Thanks!!

Igor Porto

5. jcoltrane

If it has to be under 5mm thick for the Tungsten E you should be ok.

As for installing it, that ain't gonna happen until I receive the broken Tungsten T I ordered from ebay. I'm not willing to screw up my old battery for this, so I'm going to use the wires and connector off the broken one for this.

I may open up my palm tonight and make sure that the battery will fit in my T3, but that's as far as I'm willing to go until I get that connector.

6. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Ok. I think 4.5mm is impossible. How I measured my battery - I placed it on the table, put a credit card on it, put a METRIC ruler - 6mm ! I'd agree with 6.0 - 6.5mm, but not 4.5!!! Unless, you got a different battery. What's the capacity on the sticker, jcoltrane?

PS Dont worry, Igor - 6mm fits my T2 and, I guess, it would fit your TE

PPS The most important part now, gentlemen, is to see whether a palm gonna ACTUALLY work with increased capacity battery!

7. Igor Porto

Igor Porto Bass Luthier

Wolfrx,

about the picture you posted above, that's the 1500 mAh battery. I think that one is 6mm. If you bought this battery, you're right.

But I ordered the 1200 mAh battery. The Balsa Products site says it is 4 mm thick.

My original T|E battery is 3 mm thick!!! There's room for 4 mm or a bit more, tops! I'm concerned!

Thanks guys!

Igor Porto

8. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Igor, I know what I posted and I know what I got. The 1200 and 1500 differ only in length -it's the same manufacturer "KOKAM" You can find it in google on numerous websites. For instance, here http://www.robotcombat.com/marketplace_lipoly.html (0.21'=5.33mm if I'm not mistaken). Or here http://www.md-tdc.com/MDLi-PolyBattery.html - 6.2mm.
    OR EVEN BETTER YET HERE (that's Worley specs! 5.7mm!!!)
    http://www.master-instruments.com.au/Data Sheets/Lithium/Lithium Polymer/SLPB573852-HD1200.pdf

Those f***s just put the wrong measurment on their website, that's all. I coulda made a picture, but my camera doesn't have any zoom. Wait till KLW gets his, and you'll see that I'm right (unfortunately)

9. jcoltrane

WolfRx,
    Your picture of a battery is the 1500 mAh... Mine is the 1200 mAh. Mine is 4-5mm thick at most. I'll be happy to post pics, but it is what it is. Still haven't broken open my t3 to check size, but I think it's safe to say that at least the 1200 is smaller than the 1500. I think the 1200 has at least a chance of working.

I'm planning on breaking open my t3 tonight to see if this might fit. I'll keep you posted.

10. jcoltrane

This battery is going to be a tight fit. I've just opened, then reassembled my T3 for the first time. The measurement that will be tight is its 36-36.5mm width. As it is, the battery is just too wide to fit in the same space as the original battery. It just overlaps the circuit board that it is supposed to nestle up next to. It's possible that the plastic on its other side might have to be shaved down to accommodate it. Couldn't be easy, could it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.