There Is A Possibility To Increase The Battery Capacity By Up To 40%

Discussion in 'Palm' started by wolfRx, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zentro

zentro member indeed

Slightly OT: I wonder if something similar could be done with the infamous Ipod batteries...

2. riggie

riggie Mobile Enthusiast

Besides purchasing the battery and possibly some altering of the compartment so that it fits, would anything else be needed?

3. klw

klw Guest

Assuming the charging circuits are compatible, you would need to be able to solder the connector from the T3's old battery onto the new one. There will also be some insulation tasks involving the liberal use of black tape :eek: (no job's right unless there's black tape involved btw.)

It doesn't look like any battery compartment mods will be required.

4. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

I GOT THE BATTERY !!!!!!!!!!!
    Although the sticker says "1200 mHa", the size of the battery per ce is kinda strange - 45x35x5.5 mm

KLW! I don't have a tester right now. Could you check the polarity of the Palm's battery for me? (RED IS... BLACK IS...)

One more thing. The battery is wrapped in some sort of aluminum foil. Can I get rid of that wrapper?

Thanks

5. Igor Porto

Igor Porto Bass Luthier

Damn!!!

If it's 5.5 mm thick, it won't fit my Tungsten E. They lied in their website. I'll try to fit it, and if it doesn't, I'll have to return it.

BTW, the RED wire is always positive. Install and than charge it for 4 hours. I'm waiting for your reply telling if it works.

Igor Porto

6. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Well, while I`m waiting 'till epoxy hardens, I just wanna tell you guys DO NOT TAKE THE WRAPPER OFF! Battery literally breathes - after applying epoxy, air bubbles come up. Rather, it is not the air, its electrolyte

7. Igor Porto

Igor Porto Bass Luthier

Gee!

I forgot to tell you, don't take the wrap off! It's the only protection of the battery!

About the dimensions, are you really sure it's 5.5 mm thick???
    :( They said it was 4 mm thick. I'm pissed off! I'll have to send it back!

Igor Porto

8. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Even without the wrapper the battery is definetly thicker. But, you see, it doesn't look like a palm battery - it's made of thin layers wrapped around each other, so its kind of hard to tell the thickness

9. Igor Porto

Igor Porto Bass Luthier

Can you measure its thickness with a caliper or a precision ruler, please? I really need to know if it will fit in my Tungsten E...

Thanks.

Igor Porto

10. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Sorry, man. Can't help you - I dont have it. May be KLW will tell you the exact size in a few days

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.