There Is A Possibility To Increase The Battery Capacity By Up To 40%

Discussion in 'Palm' started by wolfRx, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

@klw
    Or it might be just a prototype, a thing to work with. We gotta wait and see :D

2. djeaux

djeaux Mobile Enthusiast

... anywhere, regardless of topic, in a long time. Thanks to all you "brave" modders. My T3 warranty expires in about a month & I'm thinking seriously about going the T3.5 route. The T5 (E2) does nothing for me.

3. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Guys!
    I just wanna warn you that after the T3.5ing the slider is gonna move REALLY tight, regardless of the battery capacity (1200 or 1500 doesn't matter, they both have the same thickness)
    I might be wrong, 'cos I never hacked a T3, but after three T2s I'm almost positive. Just think about it. T3 slider is used extensively compared to T2's that I almost never touch ( + I use SliderFree) That might be a problem for the bus ( or whatever it's called)

So, if we have someone else with T3.5, please come forward and share your experience.

4. klw

klw Guest

Mine's perfect: no difference in slider tightness. You need to make the mods I indicated to the retaining tabs though, which include completely removing the white plastic part and cutting the end of the tabs themselves in half.

The 1500mAh battery may be thicker at the edges than the 1200 too. If you remember, the 6mm thickness of the 1200 is in the middle only; at the edge its between 4 and 5mm. In fact, its this property that caused the original difference in opinion as to the thickness of the 1200. It's at the edge by the circuit board that the battery comes in contact with the tabs I mentioned above.

5. Mike Cane

Mike Cane Mobile Deity

This has been incredible reading. Is someone going to take up the gauntlet and offer this as a service?

6. klw

klw Guest

How do you think we should price this?

7. Convert2

Convert2 Mobile Deity

To start, gethightech.com charges $55 part and labor for a T1/T2 battery replacement. So such a mod for a T3 would be perhaps more?

8. Rubra

Rubra Newbie

But this is a mod for a better battery or just a replacement?

9. Convert2

Convert2 Mobile Deity

Mod refers to a better battery.

10. SteveS44

SteveS44 Mobile Deity

I certainly agree with Mike Cane and oyhers in that this is a *great* thread. One of the most enlightening ever. And I *don't* understand why it hasn't been 'stickied' so that it stays at the top. After all, it's certainly one of the most read, and one of the most important.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.