There Is A Possibility To Increase The Battery Capacity By Up To 40%

Discussion in 'Palm' started by wolfRx, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. klw

klw Guest

I'm quite happy with the mod. As I mentioned above, I did a cold restart and reloaded all my apps and the battery is now performing as expected on a day to day basis.

Has anyone emailed the folks at balsapr.com to get a status on the 1200mAh worley availability? I know you can put yourself on a notify list, but perhaps a little explanation about the sudden demand would convince them to order a whole bunch of the 1200mAh batteries. Heck, send them a link to this thread along with that explanation. I bet that would get them to order a truckload....

2. Odessa

Odessa Mobile Deity

3. explorer

explorer Mobile Deity

Just wondering.

The standard T3 battery is 900mAh. Replacing it with a 1200mAh battery will only increase usage time by 33%. Is it worth all this effort, and the risk of accidentally wrecking our T3 (in the process of the surgical removal of the old battery)?

If we can shoehorn a 1500mAh battery which then increases usage time by 66% maybe that would give us a better cost/ benefit ratio? The 1500mAh would be harder to acheive because of its larger size.

4. karrock

karrock Mobile Enthusiast

I saw the pics when you first posted them, but they're not there anymore... just dead links now... hosting problem?

5. klw

klw Guest

Well, I consider the 1200mAh battery to be definitely worth it. Difference is night and day vs the 900. In actuality, the difference is 3:40 vs 5hrs. Slightly less than 33%.

You will lose part of your stylus holder and have to go with a massive stylus mod to fit in the 1500.

6. lin_simon

lin_simon Mobile Enthusiast

i spent 3 hours last day reading through the whole thread
    congratulations to the people that got it working:)
    I have a Tungsten T1 myself and im planning on doing the modification
    i have a few questions that i hope some1 can answer
    what is the dimensions of the battery that will fit?
    what power rating do i need? i heard some people have 1200 and the original poster had 1500.
    what sites carry those batteries? i have found a few sites throughout the thread and i don't know which 1 is the 1 to order from
    thanks in advance

7. klw

klw Guest

odessa just posted a few links. The 1200mAh on his first link is the same as the Worley 1200mAh cells we installed with the exception that they correctly listed the thickness at 6mm. Check my original link on page 1 or 2 of this thread for the other dimensions. Just replace 4.5mm with 5.5mm and you got the 1200mAh size. The 1500 will require stylus and stylus holder mods.

8. minhtruc

minhtruc Mobile Enthusiast

Hi Carey,
    Did you get the battery from leadingedgehobbies.com? Have you decided whether to proceed with the mod? The spec seems like it may fit even better than the worley, don't you think?

Thx!

9. OrionNE

OrionNE Cool Dude

What does battery discharge Rate 7c = to?

It needs to be at least 6.0A to be equil to the Worley.

OrionNE

10. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Hi!
    As an owner of T2 I never thought about it, but it kinda struck me the other day after I saw a T5. The presence of the slider in T3 seems kinda questionable to me ( may be it's because I never had it) So, you know, I thought that if I had one, I woulda done the whole thing differently: I'd try to fix the slider in the open position and stick in something monumental. Something like 3000 mHa or so.

What ya all think?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.