There Is A Possibility To Increase The Battery Capacity By Up To 40%

Discussion in 'Palm' started by wolfRx, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdp76

cdp76 Mobile Enthusiast

2. Morden

Morden Senior Member

It seems so! As long as you have no problem with opening you Palm ;)

You even get a screwdriver :)

Good luck!

M.

3. Morden

Morden Senior Member

Congratulations on your success! I wish a long life for your Powerizer ;)

M.

4. MauroS

MauroS Newbie

5. klw

klw Guest

Damn... this thread's a lot like the energizer bunny!

My T3.5 was sold on eBay today and I'm happy to report that it's original Worley battery was still going strong. I also sold it with one of snickersMD's production battery replacements based on the same technology. The T3 is an unbelievable device made even better by all the contributors here. There will never be another PDA like it IMHO. :D:D

6. villekille

villekille Mobile Enthusiast

I took the battery of palm Tx, and tried to fit in in a T3. It was too long, and I had to remove the protection circuit. It did fit this way and I found another place for the protection circuit PCB, above the T3 motherboard.

The Palm seems to be working now, but I don't know if it's safe. Maybe I should have used the original protection circuit from T3 battery.

When charging the Palm and looking for battery information in Filez or fullpower, it says current voltage is 4.25V! Isn't this too much?! Before charging my battery was at 3.85V and I had charged it just 30 seconds and checked the voltage with Filez while charging and it was 4.25V.

I hope that some of you can try the same thing, charge the palm T3 and see if the voltage shown in filez, during charging, stays high almost from the beginning even if the battery in the reality is still quite empty.

7. grahamnind

grahamnind Mobile Deity

What you have done is fine. I have used a number of different batteries in my T3, and currently have 3 batteries in parallel with only one protection circuit. I have never had a problem when changing protection circuits around. Some believe that it is best to use the circuit that came with the battery anyway.

This is normal. My battery is less than full, but says the same thing in Filez

8. wily_coyote

wily_coyote Mobile Evangelist

I have a T3 which is just over 2 years old and the battery is starting to drain noticeably quicker than previously (it never lasted that long in the first place).

Is the above battery a big improvement over the original one in the T3?
    I want to start using my Palm for viewing video.

I'm wondering whether I should bother carrying out some maintenance or just replace the PDA.

I also suffer from the infamous digitizer problem, but I'll check other posts for information on replacing that...

Thanks.

9. Morden

Morden Senior Member

I see that battery is a just-plugin type :)

So its quite easy to install, no soldering required.

I'd say go for it, it definately worth it (esp. with FullPower :))

I don't think you'll find a T5/TX for 20$ :)

M.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.