There Is A Possibility To Increase The Battery Capacity By Up To 40%

Discussion in 'Palm' started by wolfRx, Jun 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

The company I found is a wholesaler. Unfortunately, it doesn`t have a single office in America. In order to prevent a flame war (and may be some misunderstanding) I won`t disclose the name of the company YET

Here is the characteristics ( LI-ION POLYMER, of `cos)

Voltage __ Capacity __ Thickness__ Width ___ Length
    3.7 V ____ 1250 mHa ___ 6 mm ____34 mm ___ 56 mm

3.7 V ____ 1350 mHa ___ 6 mm ____35 mm ___ 59 mm

MOREOVER, the length can be shortened as much as 2.5 mm by cutting down the contacts of the batteries. So I made a prototype of the latter (1350 mHa) and it did fit into my TT2 with some minor plastic surgery inside the battery compartment. That means that we can get more juice - UP TO 40 %!!!

So in order to find a reseller I need somebody from

Hsin-Chu Hsien,Taiwan OR
    Guang Dong, China OR
    Hamburg, Germany
    to call the wholesale office and find out where we can find a reseller. So, if you think that you can REALLY help, please PM me

As soon as we get some results, I`ll post it in this thread

I hope we find the answer
    Best regards to you all

I INSTALLED 1500 MHA INTO T2 SO IT'S ABOUT 70% MORE JUICE NOW[​IMG]

Here's the pictures:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments, suggestions, and remarks are welcome. :)

2. klw

klw Guest

Ok, now I'm excited....

Have you emailed the folks at PDAParts.com? They have the capability to get any enhanced battery technologies such as what you are describing to the masses. In fact, they sometimes monitor this forum. This would be a huge seller for T3 users. Heck, I'd think twice about upgrading to a T4 if I could stick a 1250MA battery into my T3. It's an otherwise perfect PDA for me.

Let me know if you need assistance prototyping. I'm quite good at micro electronic work and could easily modify a battery in the manner you describe.

3. xsnrg

xsnrg High Enery Gadgeteer

This is indeed good news. It had to only be a matter of time before the technology improved in the battery arena.

I have no idea why you would have thought anyone would flame you for submitting such an interesting post, by the way.

4. Convert2

Convert2 Mobile Deity

Yes contact PDAparts.com. They don't know of a vendor yet. From an 6/16/04 email from PDAparts.com (or a.k.a. gethightech.com):

I didn't see any T3 batteries listed on your website, are they available? If not, is there any time frame for when they would be available?

Hello,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Unfortunately we do not carry that item, we do not know of a vendor.
    Try searching ebay or amazon.
    GHT Sales
    sales@gethightech.com

5. mad2fly1

mad2fly1 Mobile Deity

6. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Hi!
    Ok I'm gonna reply to all of you in one
    I started calling some fellas who I went through MBA with, but I gotta give it some time for now ( a week or two). Nobody PMed me so far (though it`s been only 1 day)

2 klw. Thank you for offering assistance in prototyping. What I did is just made a 57x35x6mm parallelepiped. TT2 got some shift though because my "battery" is 1 mm thicker than the standard one, but I don`t wanna upgrate either, `cos with a new battery TT2 would be a perfect PDA for me. Gotta love the display, cos it`s not as "squeaky" as T3's

2xsnrg "I have no idea why you would have thought anyone would flame you for submitting such an interesting post, by the way."
    I donno either, but it happened on another forum. 600 clicks in 2 days, 30 replies, 4 different graphs and we got where we started - "batteries can be upgrated". What a freaking revelation!

2mad2fly1 Sorry, man. I havn`t taken any pictures, but it`s no brainer when you open your PDA and look inside. (and BTW, the standard 950mHa battery is 52x34x5mm so 1250mHa with 56x34 would fit almost without modification `cos there is some extra room - TT2 got 3mm, for instance) Although, if I get my hands on that sexy one (1350 mHa, of 'cos) I`m gonna take some pictures for sure. I assumed that they gave me full length and, according to the pictures on their website, the batteries have big contacts, like those AA -size batteries do.

And I do think, fellas, that there is a way to find a reseller ourselves. IF THEY WHOLESALE, THERE`S GOTTA BE A RESELLER!
    Besides, that stuff is REALLY cheap in Taiwan and China!
    Ask whoever you can, I belive that it would be faster and cheaper anyway.

That`s it so far

7. klw

klw Guest

Hmmm... this sounds like it could be as much fun as removing that Vodafone branding crap from my Z600 was!

8. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Ha! You, too ?! I just got a dongle delivered yesterday. Gotta kill T-Mobile crap ;-)

2 your NEXT post:
    Yeah I know about R6C005. c..-support is a terrific website!

9. klw

klw Guest

OT but:

If Div won't work, then make sure you're not already on version R6C005 or greater. R6C005 is the first firmware release where SE added signed applet encryption to and flipped the switch on your phone to not allow boot bypass any more.

10. wolfRx

wolfRx Mobile Evangelist

Hey!
    I got an idea. What do ya think about

http://shopping.yahoo.com/p:Belkin ...,c:cbattery,mid:6,pid:1990809537,pdid:6,pos:6

OR this one
    http://www.radioshack.com/product.a..._name=CTLG_008_000_000_000&product_id=23-1071

Or this
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd..._Id=&Section_Id=78&pcount=&Product_Id=148714#

Or this
    http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProd..._Id=&Section_Id=78&pcount=&Product_Id=148558#

Don't mind NiMH in the last one - I think it's Li

It might be the the same, but rebranded battery though! Where can I find the specs? And what ya think about 3.6V? Is it too low?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.