Themes for 525 using Facelift

Discussion in 'Jornada 520 and 540 series' started by DmiBro, Feb 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DmiBro

DmiBro Mobile Enthusiast

Hello,

Have anybody tried to use PPC 2002 themes on 525, using pocket facelift. I have found strange colors, appearing at the background of today items (calendar, tasks), volume button, power button, start menu. Is it possible to get rid of these things?

BR,
    Dmitry

2. heov

heov Guest

Thats because most themes are designed for 65 thousand colors (16 bit), or ever 4 thousand (12 bit), but the 525 only has 256 colors, so you will notice HEAVY banding! I would suggest you make your own theme or wait until someone actually makes 256 color (8 bit) compatible themes. Maybe if CtrlAltDel gets his 525 website up, there can be a section for themes. Or even better, someone can start a thread and link or attach themses that actually look good on a 525.

3. Masterhaides

Masterhaides BloodyGears Founder

if anyone wants any particular pictures (any size or color depth) reduced to the 240x320 res and 8-bit dithered color, just send them to me via icq or aim
    i've been working with the 525 and pictures for awhile, have some nice stuff already if anyone wants 'em! i have the Default XP theme all done up using wisbar and facelift! looks good

by the way, i'm using paint shop pro 7 if you're curious

4. DmiBro

DmiBro Mobile Enthusiast

Hello,

Could you please send me this pictures, and the method how you have done them.

My e-mail: DmiBro@mail.ru

Thanks in advance,
    Best Regards,
    Dmitry

5. CtrlAltDel

CtrlAltDel Guest

1. I need reccomendations for a theme manager. I've tried Microsofts, but I don't have XP (yet), so its incompatible. I've used the one from Kammware, but I got an error about a bad download, same with the one from Xircuit. Any reccomendations?

2. In order to get the best results out of the themes I'm creating, I set the Photodeluxe pallette to 256 colors, but they turn out bad. Real bad. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on fixing this? Would blurring it, and then zapping up the contrast help, or dithering?

Thanks.