The Vamp is Back

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by VampiressRN, Nov 9, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VampiressRN

VampiressRN James Bond Addict

Greetings to the Brighthand Gang. I have been off work for almost a month with a bad back......can you say "excruciating pain" a phenomenon that has plagued me for over 10 years, but this was the worse indeed. Doesn't take much to put the ole back out of commission (sleeping or turning wrong or lifting something heavy). What made it worse is that for about 2 weeks I was just plastered to my bed. I knew things were bad when I drove to the clinic early on and couldn't drive myself home. Thank goodness for friends, my best pal drove me home and then took me to the Emergency Room several days later. I eventually had to have an epidural steroid injection last week. I am doing much better. My leg is still somewhat numb from the pinched nerve and my leg really cramps up, but I can walk and move around without screaming every time I move my left hip. TV really sucks, I have seen so many reruns of shows that I am bored tearless. Unfortunately I have a problem with the phone line where it enters under my house and have been without my connection to even be on the Internet. That, as you can imagine was also very painful. Anyway, it will be a major job to fix my phone line, so may not get that done too soon (I will be going to New Zealand and Australia for 3 weeks with a group of friends for the end of December/beginning of January. Please excuse my long absences and know that I miss you all and should be back in full swing soon. Hugs to All

2. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Welcome back Oh Vampish One - very good to hear from you. :D

3. PatrickS

PatrickS Gadget Magnet

She's baaaaacck...!
    Most excellent.

Take care of yourself, vampy.

4. zentro

zentro member indeed

I'd been wondering where you were!

Good to hear you are getting better - I hope you'll be back to full strength soon :)

5. User

User Member of the Day

(From the movie Stripes)

"It is ALIVE!"

6. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

Welcome back!

I sympathize with your daytime TV/no connection agony. And I thought your absence was due to Halloween. Hope your favorite holiday gave you good cheer.

7. VampiressRN

Just catching my weekly Internet fix at Borders Book Store. Can you believe that I missed the anual Halloween Potluck and decortaing my office at work. I also missed voting (only my second time). Se L Vi :p there is always next year.

OK...how many of you are celebrating the "guilty" verdict for Scott Peterson? I was so afraid it would end up a misstrial with those jurors falling like flies. When I was off, I watched CSI reruns and Court TV. I wished that they would have televised the trial, I would have liked to have seen all the witness tesimony. At least we got to hear those audio tapes of the Amber Frey phone calls. Thumbs up to the blond bombshell for providing the best evidence of his pathological lying....they were pretty chilling to listen to in my opinion.

I am still limping around, but very happy to be back at work, I really missed it (since I am a work-aholic). Guess I should go get an MRI, since some day may end up going the surgery route....gonna put that off as long as long as I can.

Thanks to all of you for your warm wishes, I am lucky to have friends like all of you. Tah Tah for now, will catch you again next weekend.

8. Delpita

Delpita Woooooo-Hoooooo!

Hi ya Vampy! Missed ya around here, glad to know that you're getting better!
    [​IMG]

9. sjweise

sjweise Mobile Deity

What kind of bed do you have? I'd suggest a tempurpedic for a chronic bad back.

10. VampiressRN

Hi Gang......still having phone issues at my house and problems with my back, but wanted to stop by and say Happy Fricking Thanksgiving to everyone!!! I may still be missing for the next couple of months but will be checking in everyone once in a while. I truly miss my Internet time and all you wonderful peeps.

A new mattress has certainly been on my mind. May have to do some shopping for that pretty soon. I am looking to possibly buy a new house next year, so a purchase of a new bed now, would be in my best financial and health interest. Wish my back wasn't such a little snit, I soooo need to clean out my garage and sell my buried pool table, or maybe I should sleep on that....hahaha.

Catch ya'll later!!! HUGSHUGS :D Marlene

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.