The Sad Tale of a Samsung Galaxy SII I9100 and What Came Next...

Discussion in 'Samsung' started by NetBrakr, Dec 9, 2013.

1. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

No need to, given the above. The next question is to see if someone installed a custom recovery. Not necessarily, but would be useful to know. You can use Quick Boot to boot to recovery. If you get the Android on his back, you still have stock recovery. You can then just reboot into system. (Stock recovery uses volume rocker to cycle through options to get to reboot, I believe).

RickAgresta and jigwashere like this.
  2. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

Android on his back? When I get into recovery mode, I get similar to this.

[​IMG]

3. Hook

4. NetBrakr

I am not going to bother unrooting it.

5. Hook

My fault. I think the android on his back may be a newer iteration. Or bad memory. been a while since I've seen the stock recovery. :rolleyes: I'd have to google to be sure what your stock recovery looks like. I don't know if that one is stock or not.

6. NetBrakr

Or maybe old age. :D jk

So that's why I paid $260 for it, already rooted and unlocked, plus two OEM batteries and two OEM chargers/cables. o_O

7. Hook

I do believe, based on a cursory search, that the screen above *is* the stock recovery.

8. NetBrakr

Ah ok. Yeah, that's what it looked when I had the SGP4, and I do believe that is the same on my old SGT7.

Funny, I just noticed that all of my android devices have 24GB, 16GB internal and 8GB microSD.

9. NetBrakr

So after 4-5 tpu cases, I finally fount a very decent TPU case.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/29114665535...49&var=590295749935&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

My only complaints are it barely have "lift" on the front (so you put the phone face down, the screen doesnt touch the surface), and it's glossy (it might slips).

Other then those, I really like it, it is very easy to take the phone out of the case (previous case was very hard to take it out), it has a camera lift to protect the lens, and the alignment of the ports are perfect.

Btw I also redone the screen protector, and I finally got the alignment perfectly. I am now happy again.

scjjtt likes this.
  10. NetBrakr

SO I temporary reactivated my i9100. But the battery was low, so I tried to charge it, but it will not let me, keep on saying battery disconnected. I thought it was something wrong with the USB port or battery connector. I checked them, it looks alright. So I tried it again. BUT this time I noticed, the battery life drop like a stone, from 30% to 10%. I tried to charge it again, but same message. Luckily I had spare battery. So I got the new battery, and its works. Huh, I guess the old battery is dead. BUT when I tried to charge, there was message about MTP USB something, I know my current USB cable is newer. So I got my only one older USB cable, and it works, no MTP message. Btw it is charging fine while on MTP.

I think I am going to do the same thing on my T989D, replace the battery with the spare one.