The Return of the Personal Digital Assistant

Discussion in 'PDAs and Handhelds' started by Drillbit, Feb 16, 2013.

1. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

I got to say, the Galaxy Note 2 is pretty much that to me now. I hardly use the stylus much, but the keyboard and the autocorrection is just phenomenal I can do long blogs without tiring. The other thing is Google Now, the way it constantly provides ambient and environmental information to me. The device has become more like a smartphone, it is more or less a genuine hand held computer that does a variety of tasks that I would do in a notebook or a tablet. I got to say the usage of my Nexus 7 even suffered due to it. Calls and texts are the least things I do with it.

I need to add that a 5" smartphone still isn't a phablet. Even something as "big" as a Droid DNA. There seems to be a sensual divide between a 5" smartphone and a 5.5" phablet that words can't describe until you start using both. The DNA doesn't feel like anything bigger than the Galaxy S3 or the EVO 3D.

scjjtt likes this.
  2. Justitia

Justitia Mobile Consultant

You said it. I've held on to and have used my Palm Tungsten T3 continuously for 10 years. In the last couple of years, I would get aggressive inquiries from younger store clerks whenever I pulled my Palm out to do anything -- like my shopping list, my contacts, critical info, expenses records etc. They would realize that they were quite curious about a ten year old technology.

Now I get the same inquiries but more in wonderment as they ask to look at my Samsung Note II. No longer do I have to carry around two digital items.

(Well maybe I will -- I just bought the Samsung Note 10.1 -- haven't started using it but I suspect it will start going with me to a lot of places.)

TG for the Note II -- now I can take advantage of all the new technology and the clever apps with all the advantages of a Palm Tungsten T3 and so much more.

Drillbit likes this.