The non-transfer of data from TX to computer in Hotsync

Discussion in 'Sync (Windows/Palm OS)' started by teemacs, Feb 16, 2018.

1. teemacs

teemacs Mobile Evangelist

I've just installed the software on a new computer and did a HotSync. It seemed to be fine, making all the appropriate beeping noises - but when I looked in the address book and memo sections of the Palm Desktop on the computer, they were empty. Nothing apparently had transferred. The HotSync log gives no indication that anything went wrong.

2. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

A few more details might be helpful. First, you only mention memos and address book. Did you have calendar entries. Did they sync?

What version of Windows are you using? What version of Palm Desktop? What Palm handheld? If the new computer is 64Gb Windows 10, you may need the drivers found HERE.

scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  3. teemacs

Hello, Hook, nice to hear from you again. (Did I ever thank you for the Aceeca drivers on your site that made getting this far possible? If not, thanks!).

- Palm TX
    - Windows 7 Professional 64-bit
    - Palm Desktop Version 6.2.2
    - No calendar entries - I use the TX only as my address book and notepad - I find it more convenient than my smart phone (I suspect that part of the problem is that both TX and smartphone are, unfortunately, much smarter than I am).

The computer gave me the option of Palm Desktop and Outlook for entries and I elected the former.

scjjtt and lelisa13p like this.
  4. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

Howdy, Teemacs. Unfortunately, it sounds like, since you have the drivers, things ought to work. I don't personally have any experience with Palm Desktop on Win 7/8/10, nor with Desktop 6.2.2. I have an old computer that's not connected to the internet running XP for Palm Desktop. :vbcool:

A few thoughts.

Are you sure all categories are selected to show.

Is the computer a desktop? If so, have you tried using the rear USB ports, as these are usually the ones connected to the motherboard. That used to make a difference.

Also, did you reboot after installing Palm Desktop, before syncing. That also used to make a difference.

I'm really not sure where the problem lies, sorry.

scjjtt, lelisa13p and RickAgresta like this.
  5. teemacs

Thanks for the thoughts. The computer concerned (indeed a desktop) is down in my office, so I'll try out your suggestions when I'm there again next week.

Hook likes this.
  6. teemacs

[​IMG]
    Turns out it was there all along - I was looking in the wrong place. I am truly, in the words of my native Belfast, a right eejit! Thanks for the help and apologies for the inconvenience.

7. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

We live to serve. :thumbsup: