The Ligtning Bolt while charging....

Discussion in 'Palm' started by jjjjjjj, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jjjjjjj

jjjjjjj Mobile Enthusiast

Does it ever go away? I am making a habit of not leaving the TC in the charging cradle for any longer than I have to. Definately not overnight and forcing myself to keep it off when the low battery message pops up. Thanks!
    Speaking of the cradle... I hate it. I don't like the Gap (ya that one too) between the cradle and palm bottom while charging in the cradle. Thanks again!

2. AlanG

AlanG Mobile Deity

Hello jjjjjjj.

As long as the Tungsten C is in the cradle, and the cradle is connected to a wall outlet, the charging icon will be displayed.

I should also note that it won't hurt to leave your Palm charging over night.

Alan G

3. jawbone

jawbone Feeble minded fool

I bought a cradle for my palm so I could have a charging station at work. anyway I got it on ebay it was supposedly a cradle for a zire but it fits my TC better than my original one. no gap and it feels secure wich seems odd because it is smaller than the one that came with the TC.

4. jjjjjjj

jjjjjjj Mobile Enthusiast

Thanks for the replies! I can only imagine how much Palm could save in support costs if they only had a decent "fit one way only-can't bend the pins" cradle.

5. AlanG

AlanG Mobile Deity

Part of the reason for the gap between the bottom of the Palm and the ledge on the cradle just above the HotSync button is the "Universal" part of Universal Cradle.

The cradle now shipping with all of the Universal Connector based Palms (the Tungsten lines except the Tungsten E) was designed back when the m series was created, way back when Palm was selling the m130 and m500 series.

Personally I think that is a good thing, because I now have all the cradles I'll ever need because of the number of Palms I have purchased over the years.

If you are looking for a used cradle, you can also check out PDAParts.com.

Alan G

6. dougwheeler

dougwheeler Mobile Deity

I found the cradle to be difficult to use with anything other than the default case. (I use the InnoPocket Aluminum Metal Hard Case).
    I recently replaced my cradle with a miniSynch cable ($15.00) from www.boxwave.com and it works very well.