The Disaster...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JRakes, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

Joe, I am glad you vented and feel better, yet as much I would have rooted for you, I am also glad you are not under observation, as a customer or even the store could have had you arrested or detained for your threatening demeanor.

Knowing that you have observed poor driving skills, by PapaJohn drivers, then their cars are marked. It would not take much effort or even time to set up video camera and caapture on film their dangerous skills.

Create an archive and then take to attorney and pursue civil action based on you experience last year.

I am afraid now, you could find yourself with a restraining order or disorderly conduct in you mail box, if not delivered personal by local law enforcement.

I hate to be a spoil sport here, yet the reality of being responsible for your actions could have ill affects if anyone in that store felt threaten and in danger.

I hope that is not the case, yet understand in todays world, venting in public is not the best avenue.

all the best.

2. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

as Hook said, and as Lauren said. no doubt in my mind you did the right thing by blasting away. everything you, Holvy et. al. said is right on the mark. check your rep for that post, too ;)

3. Q-Eye

Q-Eye Once lost, now found...

I agree that you should have a chat with the police, Papa John's regional manager and especially the local press -- they might even provide the video coverage of the little twerps for an "investigative report" to boost their ratings. A little pressure and bad publicity can go along way toward motivating some policy changes.

As for "disorderly conduct", being mad is not disorderly. Speaking loudly is not disorderly. Throwing chairs or turning over tables, now that could be considered disorderly.

4. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

I'd also have a little chat with City Hall about some more signage.

Do be careful as there was a LOL who was upset with her cable TV company last month or so who got in a little hot water when she expressed herself at their office with a hammer. I would not like to see you in her shoes.

5. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Thanks, Gang! I possibly could have reacted very badly, indeed, but it would have been counterproductive. (A car buddy suggested something along the lines of chasing the driver down, dragging him back to PJ's, broken glass with his head, etc...)

I understand what you're saying, BAB. And I even thought about that, actually. But if they want to retaliate for a raised voice and rude tone, fine. I'd welcome it. My first response is that I'd LOVE to get this into a public forum with them. I seriously doubt they'd want that type of exposure. If they want to seriously take my statements as a threat, GOOD! I would tell anyone, including the police chief, that I meant every word and, further, if they can't or won't do anything about it, then I expect to hear nothing further from them if I do!

I'll be the first to admit that I'm likely "overly sensitized" to the situation after last fall's events. But no matter - Given the odds of such a thing happening twice, the simple fact that I've had yet another very close call (besides the countless "normal" close calls) simply proves my point: There is a public safety problem there.

6. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

Seems like it was well worth chewing through the restraints this time! I'd hate to see an accident with a minivan full of kids. Reckless driving needs to be stopped.

7. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

After my experiences last fall, there won't be any restraints to contain me should I have a second round... My "pleasant demeanor" then will seem like a lottery winning party compared to what would be in store.

And, yes, my concern really is that there's a major problem there. I was fortunate last fall. And I suppose I was fortunate last night, but only because I actually watch for the SOBs now (after last fall.) I can just imagine someone with a van load of kids, untold noise and distractions, motoring along happily with the other 50-60k vehicles per day that pass there...

8. talin

talin Off Topic resident

JRakes, I just wanted to say I'm really sorry for what happened. :( :( Unfortunately, I've only been able to read 9 pages so far of this thread, but I really hope things are ok now.
    I'll also say, we've got a dominos and papa johns just down the road from me, and they drive like maniacs all the time. :rolleyes:

9. palmgeek5394

palmgeek5394 Nokia N800 + HTC Wizard

Don't you just hate it when people driving cars seem to have absolutely no idea what the heck they're doing? Just like that. Go to the police, and sue them! If they manage to FUBAR anything else, sue the pants off of 'em! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

10. Ohappydaye

Ohappydaye Wonder Palmstress

<OHD thinks Joe-Boy is so sexy when he's angry> :p :p

Seriously though, I'm really sorry this happened. I hate most delivery drivers. Living in a college town I find that most of those drivers (around here) are "young" and sometimes a bit wreckless. :rolleyes: I have called in complaints with the make, model and plate # to the guilty party's place of employment. This was usually greeted by "heartfelt" apologies and a discount on my next order. :rolleyes:

I don't blame you for losing your top, you could've lost your life with their wrecklessness and to see that they haven't learned from that experience is enraging!

I doubt that they'd involve the police, because then they'd have to admit fault...but you never know. I will be certain to keep you in my prayers in that regard. I know you'd stand your ground, but I don't want you to deal with that headache.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.