The Disaster...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by JRakes, Sep 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

<Old enough not to be TOO embarrassed by his past, Joe-Boy says...>

I think I've got that album around somewhere... :eek:

2. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2 Super Moderator

You know, it just is not right a quality ride as you have found has been without a name this long.

It is big, it is bad, and it is a shiny black classy right with just the right amount of bling:newpalm:

It also has heart under that hood.

let's us try "L.T." on to see if it fits.

in the field of combat, it is the LT, the troops look up to, to bring them home safely.

LT was a one bad linebacker for the NY Giants in the day. (IIRC), liked bling too!

And sounds kinda cool - I'm taken L.T. for a spin, see ya later mom!

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2015
  3. JRakes

So I've thought over and tried various names. Many were good candidates, but none have just "fallen into place." Then along comes my BIL yesterday... He asked if I'd named it yet (he's also trying to name a beach house) and I said no. His comment went something like this: "Well, I think it should be 'Woody.' It's a Fleetwood, it's big, and that seems to fit your mood lately, as well." After I recovered from choking on the coffee I was drinking, settled down from the laughter, and regained a tiny bit of composure, I thought to myself, "Self, that could be a good one!"

During the course of the past couple of days, Barry has made additional comments referencing my big "Woody," going so far at one point as to call it "Woody the Bro-Ham." OK... This really has potential. I'd never have thought of such a name, but... LOT'S of possibilities for conversation in various situations. :rolleyes: :eek: :D

I've not decided 100% at this point. But I'm thinking Barry might have named the New Guy!

Now, I've got to go poke around that snoring hairy thing in my bucket...

4. Dick Tracy

Dick Tracy Detective/Moderator

Bro-Ham or Ham-Bro? ;)

5. JRakes

Depends on my mood and where we're going... heeheehee

6. JRakes

<Joe-Boy has been stressed this evening and needs just a little "venting therapy... Feel free to bolt if you prefer!>

As a couple of you who might have followed this saga might recall, I was just a WEE bit torqued up last fall. :rolleyes: I pass by that Papa John's location nearly every day, sometimes multiple times in a day. I've had NUMEROUS close calls there since they opened - One such encounter happened to be a little more than "close." And there have been several since. But tonight...

I'm motoring along after workie, going to close the storage for DSM as I do almost every night. Just as I was last fall. Well... Tonight I came, literally, within a split-second and a couple of feet of having an encore performance. :eek: Ayup, same spot. Same Papa John's. Driver is hauling @$$ out of there and doesn't even slow down as he flies out into the highway right in front of me. It had been raining and was wet, so had I not had ABS... I still had to swerve like a lunatic to avoid the miserable $h!t and only ended up on the shoulder by the median. But that was it... I finished my closing up routine, sat over at the storage office for a moment to collect my wits, then... I went to Papa John's. Yes. Yes, I did. And in I marched, through the waiting customers and directly to the counter where I screamed for the manager, right here, right now. (I was just a bit PO'd...)

She looked up from the register and asked what the problem was. I unloaded. In no uncertain terms. Basically, I informed her who I was, and proceeded to tell her (and everyone else in the place) that I was officially putting them on notice: I will NOT, under any circumstances, attempt to avoid another Papa John's driver. I will, however, aim squarely as I stomp the accelerator. And when they're lying bleeding in the grass, it will not be the police I call. I strongly recommended that she get her drivers under control and that she make damned sure she has her insurance up to snuff and be sure she is bonded. I looked squarely at the other drivers and told them they'd been warned. Then returned my attention to the manager and informed her that if I should ever have another encounter such as that, regardless of how minor, I'll own that place, her, and her family.

Now, I'm really not a "hot head" usually. But I've had it with this crap. :mad: Since that place opened, the public is risking life and limb simply by driving past on a major throroughfare. And I really don't give a rat's @$$ if my rant is seen as vindictive or a threat. It might be true! :eek: I'm seriously considering contacting the police tomorrow to see if I can file a formal "public nuisance" type complaint. GRRrrr....

OK. I'm breathing better now. A bit. GRrrr

7. Hook

Hook Caught Watching Prawn

Dang, I wish I'd been there to cheer! :newpalm:

<Hook hi-fives Joe-boy>

8. JRakes

<Joe-Boy sticks his hands up for Hook...>
    Hey, where'd you go? ;)

You'd have been the only one. The employees stood there looking like the proverbial "deer in the headlights," (and isn't that an interesting analogy.) A couple of customers waiting on their pickup orders left. The manager seemed just flabbergasted. Hehhehheh...

But I really do hope they got the message. That particular business at that particular location is a public menace. It's a very heavily traveled stretch, but there are very few incidents there. Except for the close calls with those pizza drivers... With the new development adjacent to that site, however, it's only going to get worse.

9. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Dude! :eek: I admire your restraint. :D

10. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

Oh man, I started to read and my first reaction was 'pull over, go in there and let them have it'.
    Am I glad you DID :D

Isn't there a possibility to inform your local police department about this ? Get more background info from other people living in that area ?

I understand a business needs to perform some activities but safety (especially not of people not being involved in doing that business) is not something which should be disregarded. NEVER !

EDIT: Dang, have to read better :rolleyes: You are going to the police. Good !

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.