The day my SERO plan died...

Discussion in 'Smartphones' started by headcronie, Nov 5, 2017.

1. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

Jig, you provide great insight and clarity, yet again. :)

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

2. headcronie

One week in -

Pros: My phone is a faster, less buggy upgrade from my Note 5. No random wifi disconnects. GPS so far, has worked. I have not used it for hiking yet. I had constant calibration issues with my Note 5 when hiking. Made navigation very difficult if not impossible. I had to install a tool that would recalibrate the compass when it got out of spec.

Cons: Lost my screen side fingerprint scanner. Trying to access the scanner on the reverse side is not natural, nor convenient. Trying to quickly unlock the phone is simply put - a chore. Work requires at minimum a PIN to unlock, if not more. That's fine. I've found the center bottom of the screen to be unreliable for activating the unlock screen. I've had to return to the power button now, then PIN unlock. I miss the rapid access of the top side fingerprint scanner.

Otherwise, so far, so good.

scjjtt, lelisa13p, Hook and 2 others like this.
  3. Hook

Hook Phone Killer ;-) Arrrrr...f

It's funny. My first phone with a fingerprint scanner is my Nexus 6p and I love the fingerprint scanner on the back. When my wife got a phone with a screen side scanner, I found it (and still do) unnatural. I appreciate the argument that you don't have to pick up the phone to unlock it, but I always pick up my phone to use it and with the rear scanner I pick it up and unlock it in the same motion. The thing is, if a screen side scanner was the first one I used, I bet I'd find the rear scanner weird. Now however, rear fingerprint scanner will be at least on my nice to have" list for a new phone (but who knows what we'll have by then).

weegie, scjjtt, headcronie and 3 others like this.
  4. headcronie

Creatures of habit. Maybe I just need to try harder to get to that scanner. *clicks power button* Or not... We will see. :)

jigwashere, lelisa13p and Hook like this.