The Canadian Thread

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by n1c0_ds, Mar 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. n1c0_ds

n1c0_ds Mobile Deity

Is there any other Canadians there? Do you like Canada? What'ya think of Harper?

2. headcronie

headcronie Greyscale. Nuff Said. Super Moderator

I'm Minnesotan. Does that count? Eh?

3. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Uh... I've visited Canada a few times. Quick one-day (or few hour) business visits. But, yes, I liked it just fine! :D

<Joe-Boy figures this doesn't really count, but he's always interested in other folks' backgrounds, where they're from, different areas of the world, etc.>

I know of a few Canadian regulars here on BH - Perhaps they'll stop by! In the meantime, look up MaceyR's FrapprMap. It's interesting to see from whence many of us hail!

4. dogbarber

dogbarber No one in particular...

My grandfolk are from Moncton....

5. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

My dad's Canadian and registered my birth there, so technically, I'm Canadian. What's a Harper? :)

6. RobbM

RobbM Big Shot in the Lab

I'm originally from WV, but I've been to Canada several times and I LOVE it! My girlfriend (now wife) and I bummed around the London area one summer for 3 or 4 days. We were going to go all over: Toronto, maybe even Montreal.
    We were so impressed with that little section of Ontario, we stuck around.

I've never been to the Prairies or BC, but I've been deepinthehearta Quebec several times.

I had a roommate once who was Indian (east Indian) by descent, born in Kenya, went to school at McGill, and whose family lived in Regina. I loved telling folks he was Canadian! Blew their minds!

7. BAB2000

BAB2000 An "Olde Moderator" #2

I think they all are out of counry!:D

I was in Republica Dominicana, this past week, and resort where staying was completely occupied by Canadians. Learned to new words, Hola, (spanish for hello), and AYE!, (Canadian for you don' say, me thinks)

Me folkes from PEI, NS, Alberta, Calgary, and even a very nice group (50) from Hudson Bay, had chartered their own flight.

All great folkes, loved the beach, the pool, the bar, could empty a keg in no time flat, (rum), then beer was fair game.

As we left, Saturday, more were arriving, figured we stumbled upon an annexed portion of Canada, tucked between Cuba and Puerto Rico:D;)

And, for the most part most spoke pretty good English after a couple pints of beer and several rum shots, (the women a least), the blokes, another story.

Very fun week, multi-cultural experience, as make up was mostly Canadian, then Western European, (German, France, Spain, and Denmark), and a only a few from USA.

So if not here, or at home, then there:eek:

8. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I used to live in St. Petersburg, FL. Many of the license plates, at least during winter, were from Ontario. That, and NY. :)

9. PatrickS

PatrickS Gadget Magnet

Yep, Canuck here, eh?

Originally from the Montreal area, now happily on the We(s)t Coast.

Start making plans to visit us up here for the 2010 Winter Olympics. Not long now.

10. maclaren

maclaren Mobile Deity

Yeah, years ago when my wife and I were in Antigua there were so many Canadians that they named the part of the resort where we were all staying Canuduland.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.