The "Aww, kitty!" update.

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Adama D. Brown, Dec 28, 2011.

1. Q-Eye

Q-Eye Once lost, now found...

Actually, that's pretty easy. Just try to take a picture of something OTHER than the cat -- in this case a bowl on a table. Livingston (Livvy) decided to make an uninvited and unannounced appearance just before the shutter was pressed.

Attached Files:

2. JRakes

JRakes NOT your Average Joe

Heeheehee... That sounds about right! :D You might notice in the pic of Aly above that he looks as though he's about to pounce on the camera. And that would be an accurate perception... :rolleyes:

Hiya, Q! What's shakin'?

3. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

From all the time a CAT unit spends awake, which can be anything between 15 minutes and 3 hours, out of a whole day :)D), pretty much 70% of it the CAT unit will work on inverse psychology. So if you DON'T want him in the picture, there he WILL be. And if you WANT him in the picture, well in short he's unavailable. Lots of meetings and customer relations to attend. No time for the CAT-owned human, sorry 'bout that.

4. Adama D. Brown

Adama D. Brown Brighthand Reviewer

That's pretty much him all over. Particularly with a ~2 inch thick fur coat all over!

Aww, cute! And... holy crap, freakin' huge. If Zeus gets that big I'm going to have to buy cat food in the 20 pound bags.

I believe it was the day after I got him, one of the other cats brought in a dead mouse. He pounced on that thing like you wouldn't believe, and ate the entire thing, starting with the head. Believe me, it's tough to reconcile "adorable" and "eating brains." Since then, he's proven more than adequate at getting his own catches.

5. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

This last bit reminded me of a LYAO story:
    Things Cats Bring Home
    and thanks for contributing to Out of Context Quotes

6. JRakes

BWAHAHAHA!!! Those are some great stories! :D

Yeah, and a double layer coat. Beware the hair matting!

I do. :) (Betcha never thought you'd hear me say that, huh? :p )

To be honest, I don't think they're nearly as big as they appear. They're 3/4 hair and fluff!

They're great "mousers." And birders (except those vicious, winged minions of hell: mockingbirds.)

7. hal

hal itchy and cold feet hal

Very good stories, Rick :D

I especially enjoyed the grand finale of the first one. In the least elegant attire, there are unexpected visits to attend. With morality and religion in their suitcases :D

A CAT unit is fully built with elastomers technology. Advanced materials that allow him to shift shape according to convenience. They will hide their true feeding capacity by means of staying "fluffy", and camouflaged with hair. In other affairs, this semi-rigid feature allows them to gel-ify in order to avoid capture, hence supporting their resistance and evasion abilities, or even if capture is accomplished they will soon get free, as when falling off a firm human grapple, by "spilling" downwards :D

Joe, at my mom's we had a cat that put-an-end to a hawk that took him for a rabbit. The prey bird was not injured, it was torn to pieces. And Nikki the cat was feeding on him while the hawk was still alive. OK a tender memory this is not, but the point is, WTF are your cats waiting for to teach that vermin a lesson? Just because they attack by groups doesn't mean they're undefeatable.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2013
  8. JRakes

Heeheehee... The CAT unit explanations are spot on! :D

Given Aly's affinity for dispatching whatever critter might breach the perimeter of *his* yard, I've not quite understood why he hasn't gotten himself on a "Most Wanted" list for killing those so-called "migratory song birds." The only thing I can figure is that they have some special weapon in their beaks and claws, which wouldn't surprise me. Also, I guess he's leaving that special assignment to his hoomin, aka me, as a test. I've obviously failed.