That "head on" commercial...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by AK47, Jul 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AK47

AK47 Professional Loiterer

I'm not sure how many people have seen the commercial on TV for a head ointment called "head on" but it's really annoying. It shows some lady rubbing the product on her forehead while the narrator says "Head On, apply to forehead..." and they run this in a loop. Well, anyways, I find it really annoying and I decided to make a rant about it and I'm hoping it's not too far by the forum standards. It's also notable that this rant narrates what I think, not anything I did so keep that in mind before calling the cops.

What grinds my gears is that "Head On" commercial with that lady rubbing that stick on her head repeatedly while the narrator says "Head On, apply to the forehead..." becuse it's just plain annoying. Whoever requires the visual and audio instructions to figure out a product intended for rubbing on the forehead is a dumbass and that woman there with her smile like she's just holding back words in the lines of "I'm getting $500 to do this and look like a stupid ditz" and now all day I'm stuck with that damned voice in my head saying "Head on apply to forehead" which really doesn't help in the 5pm rush hour traffic when I'm trying to get home but some idiot in front of me is going the speed limit and taking both lanes and when I'm finally able to pass her up it turns out to be that damned "Head On" lady and at that point I go berzerk and stop my car in front of her, get out, walk over and break her window and start slamming the "Head On" stick into her face until she starts bleeding all while yelling "apply to forehead!" then I get home and decide to smoke a cig but realize I accidently dropped the pack when applying that stick to the "Head On" lady's face so I take my anger out on the neighbors gerbil. After that I go home and watch the news.

2. Tom LaPrise

Tom LaPrise Absent-Minded Professor

Yeah, they used to actually have some information about the stuff, but the commercials suddenly changed. It's annoying. Commercials are all about getting the product name to stick in your head one way or another, and it's mostly by repetition of the product name. Remember those stupid Nexium commercials? The product name was mentioned at least 7 times and appeared on-screen another half-dozen times. (And I really don't give a you-know-what that it's purple, and it's a capsule, not a pill.) Drug commercials are the worst for that. Some, at least, include the repetition as part of a contrived conversation ("I use Blabla." "Blabla?" "Yes, Blabla. Blabla works by..."), but the HeadOn commercial just repeats the same short spiel three times.

I'll "apply it directly to the forehead," all right...

3. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

I've never used Blabla - is it good for those stubborn 'biological' stains? :) <asked Nine, holding up his tshirt which had several such examples on it>

4. Streaky

Streaky I can't remember

I don't know about you guys, but I've got the urge to herbal.

5. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

Ooh - that's a totally organic experience... yes... yes... YES... :rolleyes:

6. jim37

jim37 just me, no title

From what I hear, Blabla doesn't work on blue dresses, either.

7. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

No, you need to use XYZ Superdeluxestainandfabricremover for that ...
    Made by ACME.

8. Nine

Nine Ooh NO, missus...

<Nine puts on his Dick Van Dyke voice and starts singing>

Ooooh.... XYZSuperdeluxestainandfabricremover!
    Gets out grime most every time with new fabric improver!
    Used all over everywhere from Paris to Vancouver!
    XYZSuperdeluxestainandfabricremover!

(um-diddle-diddle-diddle-um-diddle-i... um-diddle-diddle-diddle-um-diddle-i...)

9. PDA Bach

PDA Bach Dunsel

<Seeing a bunch of animated penguins heading for Nine, PDA Bach checks to see if LizG's avatar has escaped.>

10. AK47

AK47 Professional Loiterer

Well, they just aired that "head on" commercial on the channel I'm watching again and after that a commercial aired for the hemorrhoid cream made by the same company. It chants in a loop FREEdHEM hemmorrhoid cream, freedom from hemorrhoids 3 times over. I wonder why they don't show us how to use that product too... Man having that jingle stuck in my head is worse than having head on stuck; especially when you are trying to eat breakfast.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.