TCPMP and shutdown

Discussion in 'Palm' started by luigi, Dec 15, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

I was using yesterday night TCPMP with my LD, to listen some music. I've noticed that, after about 2 minutes, the screen goes OFF, which is fine. But, after about other 2 minutes, the unit completely shuts down itself. I have to turn it on, login with my password, and hit Play again. THis does not happens if I use PTunes. Is there something I'm missing in TCPMP, or somewhere else?

Luigi

2. NetBrakr

NetBrakr Gone With The Wind

I think something else, because I had never encounter this problem with TCPMP, however, I dont use the password security feature. It might be that. You might need to contact the makers of this program.

JC

3. holvoetn

holvoetn Still a moderator ...

From what I can make up of your information, it seems for one reason or the other TCPMP is not able to catch the auto-off setting of the LD.

I have read similar posts about Treo-users complaining their GPS-program got shut down after 3 minutes.

Which version are you using ? 0.71 or older ?

Can you change the power-off setting on the LD and see if the behaviour is consistent with that setting (auto off after 30 sec, 1 minute, 2 minutes, 3 minutes)?

Try a tool called AlwaysOn, but take care when using this !
    If you forget about it, do not come complaining here your battery is drained :D

4. luigi

luigi Palm aficionado

Yes, you're right, I can try changing LD settings...I wonder if other LD users noticed the same problem...I searched this and other forums, but I found nothing, thus I suspect it's something I'm doing wrong...

Mine is ver 0.71

Luigi

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.