Task Reminder Alarms synching wrong

Discussion in 'iPAQ h3600-h3900 series' started by lrb3000, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lrb3000

lrb3000 Mobile Consultant

Hey Everyone,

I create a task in Outlook with an alarm set for any time other than 8:00am (lets say 1:00pm for this example). I synch my ipaq and then check the task in Pocket Informant. It says that the task reminder alarm is set for 8:00 am.

Any ideas how to fix this. The desktop outlook task has the correct alarm set, by my ipaq does not.

This causes problems for tasks created on the same day the task is supposed to alert you. If I create the task on my desktop at 10am for a 3:00pm alert, the ipaq will never alert you b/c it sets the alarm for 8:00am (a time in the past).

Thanks,
    Luis

2. IPAQRob

IPAQRob Mobile Consultant

There is no way to fix this issue. It is a know issue (be it a very frustrating issue).

Most people have opted to use PocketInformant or Agenda Fusion. I prefer PI over AF, but both are good products.

www.pocketinformant.com

www.developerone.com

Both of these products allow you to schedule tasks appropriately on the PPC. However, it will NOT sync back to Outlook on the desktop. So the solution is to set the alarm on the PPC, not the desktop for tasks. Since you have your PPC with you even when at the desktop, this works nicely. ;)

Hope this helps.

Rob. :cool:

3. lrb3000

lrb3000 Mobile Consultant

Thanks IPAQRob. Its unfortunate that PKPC2002 has so many bugs with it. Also, I have been using PI and love it.