Tablet vs. smartphone: an odd streaming phenomenon

Discussion in 'Netbooks, Tablets, Slates and eReaders' started by LandSurveyor, May 28, 2013.

1. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

This is a "does this happen to anybody else?" type of question.

I have often noticed buffering problems when watching YouTube on my Touchpad. Since its app is only a beta and the Touchpad is an unsupported orphan, I don't find this surprising so I resort to using my Galaxy S or even my old Imagio smartphone instead and both work flawlessly.

When I mentioned this to my wife,who has the use of both a Galaxy 10 and an Ipad, she says they both do the same thing but her phone gives no such problem.

Has anybody else noticed this?

scjjtt likes this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

Complete shot in the dark (from the hip): Perhaps YouTube is streaming a higher resolution to the larger screens. Try adjusting the resolution of the video.

Ed Hardy, scjjtt and Drillbit like this.
  3. Drillbit

Drillbit Mobile Deity

Correct answer. Youtube defaults to streaming in HD on mobile devices. There is no current way to change that default. Click on the HD icon on the bottom left of the screen to revert to non HD.

scjjtt likes this.
  4. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

Thanks. Will have to try that.