T-Mobile's Data Breach

Discussion in 'Headline News' started by scjjtt, Aug 21, 2021.

1. scjjtt

scjjtt A Former Palm User

Is anyone here concerned about this along with me? Last night I was reading about it on my tablet through Google News, following links for help. I decided to switch to my phone & open up the T-Mobile App. I couldn't believe it - I could find NO help about this on their App. Maybe it is somewhere I didn't look - but T-Mobile sure was doing a good job sticking their heads in the sand.

Android Police: T-Mobile's epic data breach is only sounding worse and worse.
    https://www.androidpolice.com/2021/...-breach-would-be-its-fourth-in-as-many-years/

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

jigwashere likes this.
  2. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

I'm concerned. I've gotten texts and emails from T-Mobile:

Dear Customer,

T-Mobile has determined that unauthorized access to some T-Mobile data has occurred. We have no evidence that your debit/credit card information was compromised. We take protection of our customers seriously and we are taking action to protect your T-Mobile account.

Effective August 18, 2021, we have reset your account PIN to a randomly generated number. Since your wireless product does not receive text messages or our text message failed, you will need to contact our Customer Care team at 1-877-778-2106 to reset this PIN to your preferred 6-digit code.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

scjjtt likes this.
  3. jigwashere

jigwashere Mobile Deity

scjjtt likes this.
  4. RickAgresta

RickAgresta General Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

sorry to hear the detailed updates (to me, anyway; I saw the headline but didn't share because that pesky work got in the way -- really, they should just pay me, period), could be serious, indeed. hope it turn out to be nothing

scjjtt, jigwashere and Hook like this.
  5. Hook

Hook Her Clack is Worse Than Her Bite

As Rick says, hope it's not as bad as it sounds for anyone here. I have a simple $15/month PAYG account-- they don't have a lot of information on me. And, as I've mentioned before, I mostly shrug these days when this happens. My data has been compromised in so many major data breaches at this point that I just keep a close watch on things. All the things. :vbrolleyes:

RickAgresta, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.