T-Mobile finally expanding

Discussion in 'T-Mobile' started by LandSurveyor, Aug 7, 2016.

1. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

Wow, all the threads in this section are old!

Anyway:
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/tmobile-lte-coverage-versus-verizon-000000631.html

This is just one of several such articles I've seen lately, which does me little good since I've been on VZW several years now.

I tend to believe it, however, because my semi-rural, formerly 2G area is now covered by their 4G.

More competition is a good thing..... And VZW definitely needs competition in the geographic coverage department.

2. r0k

r0k Dazed

Thanks for bringing this up. LS!

I recently switched from At&t to Verizon after getting to the point I was dropping calls more than once a day. Interestingly enough, when I switched from Verizon to At&t in 2010 to get the iPhone, (yeah it was like that back then), I was dropping calls every day on At&t for about 6 months then things got progressively better until I wasn't sure there was much of a difference between At&t and Verizon.

Then about a year ago, things started to get progressively worse on At&t. A lot worse. I called At&t and spent time on the phone with their level 2 support. Do you want to know what they offered me to "make up" for all the network issues I was having? A copper based home phone line. Yeah. They somehow thought that might be something I could use when the symptom I was reporting was dropped calls while on the road! :eek:

For a while, about 5 months ago things were looking up. At&t got wifi calling working and I thought I could hang on a while longer. Then along came Apple and broke wifi calling with an iOS update. Did At&t have a clue? No. They. Did. Not. They suggested I switch off wifi, switch on LTE then reboot my phone when leaving a poor signal area. Then I should switch off LTE, switch on wifi and reboot my phone when entering a poor signal area. Yeah. Those exact instructions came from an At&t support person. Meanwhile, in the back of my mind, I knew the day was coming that Tmo would be getting better coverage thanks to all the spectrum they had acquired.

Now it appears that day may have arrived. I'm never ever gonna buy a phone from a carrier so I should be able to take my line to Tmo for a month to see if it works better or not. In fact, I don't even have to do that. I can just pick up a Tmo sim and pop it in my phone to give it a try then put the Verizon sim back in when I'm done testing. Nah. I've got Verizon. I think I'll just sit tight. It ain't broke so I ain't fixing it.

Meanwhile those clueless Sprint guys hired the "Can you hear me now?" guy to lie and say they are within 1 percent of Verizon for half the price. Yeah. Right.

Digging into that app that compares performance (OpenSignal), I went to take a look at my local area and Verizon coverage is better than Tmo which is way better than At&t which is way way way better than... Sprint. So the one that was tied for third place is now solid second place and the one that was tied for first is now looking pretty spotty compared to the top two. As for Sprint?

[​IMG]

Maybe Sprint needs to hire that lady that used to say "Where's the Beef?" only now she can say "Where's the signal?"

scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  3. RickAgresta

RickAgresta Peanut, leader of the Peanutty Forces

sadly, Clara Peller has not been with us for nearly 30 years...
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clara_Peller

lelisa13p, scjjtt and jigwashere like this.
  4. jigwashere

jigwashere Life is a circus!

5. lelisa13p

lelisa13p Your Super Moderator Super Moderator

Regular and Extra Crispy versions. :vbgrin: (Nice to see George Hamilton is still getting work. :vbtongue: )

jigwashere and scjjtt like this.
  6. LandSurveyor

LandSurveyor LandSurveyor

I had my first contract with ATT years ago. Back then I worked with a crew and we covered about six counties hereabouts. One of the guys had a Tmobile phone and we noticed that he got signal everywhere I did and many places I didn't. So I switched and it was a great improvement, especially since it was cheaper. I was mostly interested in voice and text those days and the Blackberry I had (still the best phone I ever owned) was short of being a real smartphone but very efficient with the 2G data I was getting. Trouble was, Tmo was focused on "pops" (not illogically) as opposed to footprint so I still was limited in range. Now they seem to be finally improving on that. Odd that ATT still doesn't seem to get it and Sprint would still be largely useless to me outside of town.

scjjtt and RickAgresta like this.
  7. AshtonAsh

AshtonAsh Mobile Enthusiast

thank you for information and the link.