T|C Keyboard Tips and Tricks

Discussion in 'Palm' started by Shawn Parr, Aug 21, 2003.

1. Ben S

Ben S Mobile Deity

Impossible on a normal computer, too, at least if you're using a standard characterset. That's what >= means.

Program for enough years and the "real" way just looks funny. :)

2. VampiressRN

VampiressRN James Bond Addict

OMG...these are such great ideas....I will be trying them out....especially the > < > < and =

3. Kyudosha

Kyudosha Mobile Enthusiast

I'll tell you EXACTLY what will make the tungsten C the most sought-after handheld in the market. All someone needs to do is program an app that allows you to press fn-select and then have the 5-way move around a little dot on the screen that can then simulate a stylus tap with the select button and will continue to do so until fn is pressed again. That way, you wouldn't hardly need the stylus at ALL, and no matter whether you were using a keyboard-optimized program or something that requires the stylus for optimal entry (like datebook starting and ending time), you would still be able to acheive quick and efficient data input.

Targus did something similar for the m-series with their little "palm mouse" thing, but it was too little too late. I wish I knew how they did it. I should start programming this...

4. jill

jill Mobile Consultant

I noticed someone refer to a php file. what is this, I have one but cannot open it.

5. dnorton50

dnorton50 Mobile Consultant

Adjusting the brightness. I discovered this by accident. After you turn your T/C on, hold the on/off button again, a little window will pop up and you can adjust the brightness.

6. dnorton50

dnorton50 Mobile Consultant

Tell me about the easter eggs. How do I find them on my T/C? I must be doing something wrong.

7. jwa44

jwa44 Newbie

The file extention php is usually Microsoft Publisher files.

8. Joe_Momma

Joe_Momma Mobile Deity

Uhhh... no. PHP (http://www.php.net/) is a web markup language for building web applications.... quite UNIX oriented, and quite un-endorsed by MS as it's competition to their .NET.

Typically, if you have a .php file on your desktop, it usually means you've downloaded something from a web site, and the link you clicked to download the file did some back-end processing, and for whatever reason (server or your personal computer), the file was not properly renamed as it downloaded. The best thing to do is open it in a text editor to see if you can determine the file type. Mac users can typically drag'n'drop the file on Stuffit Expander which will determine if it's a compressed file regardless of the extension and expand as necessary...

So how about those T|C Keyboard Tips 'n' Tricks? ;)

9. jwa44

jwa44 Newbie

uh...I stand slightly corrected. I guess my word "usually" was in error. There are several Microsoft apps that produce .php files also.

In Jill's case, your response is probably correct.

10. CEB

CEB Mobile Deity

Tell me too please.

Any how do I use ShortCuts? Are they a Graffiti thing? Never used Graffiti, probably never will.