Syncmate v. Missing Sync?

Discussion in 'Sync (Mac and Linux/Windows Mobile)' started by mbartner, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mbartner

mbartner Mobile Consultant

I have a Tilt / Kaiser that I've been syncing with my Mac at work for about a year. I have somewhat restricted access to installing a lot of apps on this Mac, as it is my work computer, so I am not up for installing updates and new versions every few weeks. I just want to install a sync program and have it work consistently.

Currently I am using Syncmate for this. It's good, but has issues fairly regularly with things getting "corrupted" which require me to delete all of my contacts or calendar from the phone, and resync completely from the Mac.

Has anyone used BOTH syncmate and missing sync, that could offer opinions on which they prefer?

Thanks for the help!

2. js5459

js5459 Newbie

I've used both of them - the only thing is that they cannot run together - in order files were synced correctly with one software, you have to disable another.

IMHO, SyncMate is better - more user friendly interface and I had no glitches (except when installed it together with missing sync - syncmate support representatives told to enable missing sync and it helped).

Moreover, they have free version to try, which missing sync is definitely missing. And lots of devices you can sync withone app - thought, I sync my mobile only, such variety of supported devices can be a real advantage for another user.

And concerning the problem you've faced - maybe you should talk to their support?

3. eltima

eltima Newbie

We are not able to give an explanation without further details. Please, provide the following information so that we may take a closer look at the current issue:

1. Version (build) of SyncMate that you're using

2. Mac OS version installed on your Mac

3. Detailed description of the issue: which exactly "things getting "corrupted"" and how?

4. SyncMate activity log during synchronization when this issue occurs.

You may post your reply on this forum, or write to us at support[at]eltima.com

Thank you.

4. mbartner

mbartner Mobile Consultant

Look, you're support is good, I just don't have time to install new versions of the software every few weeks, upgrade, downgrade, etc. and then try to figure out if it's an issue with my computer, other software, etc. etc. Just wanted to see if there were any opinions out there from real people who had used both before.

5. eltima

eltima Newbie

O'k, but if you decide to use SyncMate, please, feel free to contact us if you have any questions.

Have a great day!

6. Varjak

Varjak Mobile Deity

I just want to support OP's original post. Yes, we want major issues fixed; but one of his/her points is constant updates. I agree. I don't use this product; but might. I hate having to constantly update stuff.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.